Amazon Echo

Discussion in 'Gadget Corner' started by Casual Fan, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I agree WTF, I checked out the website and it cost $200 bucks, it has all the same features I can ask siri on my iPhone for free without buying any extra devices.

Whatever there will be people out there that will buy it, because they will want all the latest gatches.
  3. Casual Fan

It's $99 if you have Prime.

I suppose people do have questions and this would save them the step of going to their phone, tablet or computer. However, what if they want to see something?

Mom: "Alexa, show me the Mona Lisa."
    Alexa: "Suck it."
    Wolf likes this.
  4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I will get at least one of these. Maybe 3.
  5. Casual Fan

Why? Just curious. I could see it if it made phone calls...
  6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I can see some kid asking it.

Kid: "Alexa, where do babies come from."
    Alexa "Ask your parents, about the birds and the bees."
  7. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Duh.
    [​IMG]
  8. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Remember some people don't want a smartphone. They don't want to pay sometimes over $100 a month. Anymore you have to have a data plan just to be able to get a bigger phone.

So really your paying to be able to ask Siri. Same with me and Google now.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
  9. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

You have to agree to let this thing listen to all your conversations while connected to the internet?

This is the NSA's wet dream.
    Jon, Wolf, Casual Fan and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Shit man their already listening. They heard me bang my wife 3 times last night.

Casual Fan likes this.
  11. Casual Fan

Best three minutes of their evening!
    Ehilbert1 likes this.
  12. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

At least I'm getting some.

Casual Fan likes this.
  13. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Oh I know some people simply don't want to use a smartphone or get one. I hate paying over $100 a month for one, but again I don't to be using these small crappy carriers. But I see why we are paying more for data, because in a few years carriers are getting away with CDMA and GSM. They plan on using Voice Over LTE -> 6 reasons why you'll eventually want voice over LTE - CNET. I'm still learning more about it, so that one reason why data plans are costing more.

Plus I hardly use Siri, beside asking for quick sport scores.
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

this in house siri type thing seems awesome. as soon as i saw the video i wanted one. and $100 for prime members? that seems like a good deal to me.

im actually wondering if u can use this thing with just ur wifi or do u need a phone? i assume u can. cause this seems like the perfect gift for my dad. he searches google for pretty simply stuff that this thing could answer but barely has a cell phone.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  15. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf