Annoying Songs

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Music' started by Aaron, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I feel the same way for the most part, although 'Higher Ground' is still a banger.

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

My wife is also annoyed by them (particularly Californication). Also The Tragically Hip.

3. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

It is an ok song. I don't particularly like it but am not annoyed by it.

4. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I'll still groove to Give it Away, because Flea is awesome on bass.

HecticArt likes this.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Higher Ground and Give It Away are still monster tracks for me. I tend to play them loudly.

6. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Everclear. Any song that comes on is a channel changer.

And wouldn't you know it, Art Alexakis has his own show on Lithium.

7. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

"Give It Away" was kind of ruined by a painter. This dude was painting my front door, so I had to stay home and keep an eye on the house. I'm sitting on the couch watching TV. He's behind me painting the door with earphones on. He's listening to "Give It Away". He's humming along, then he leans into:

What I've got you've got to get it put it in you

Creepy.

HecticArt likes this.
  8. scotchandcigar

FIFY

9. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

She was at work.

10. scotchandcigar

Haha! My favorite blogger, Jeff Kay of The West Virginia Surf Report, posted this a few weeks ago.
    What's Your Relationship With The Big Brands? | The West Virginia Surf Report!

And it starts out like this:
    "Before we get into this one, I have a couple of quick things… First of all, why is there so much Everclear hatred in the world? I’m listening to their So Much For The Afterglow album and enjoying the living shit out of it. I like most of their stuff, at least the stuff I’ve heard. But whenever I mention them — almost without exception — people shout, “Oh god, I hate them!” I don’t understand. The songs are solid, the lyrics are compelling, and the guitars are crunchy. Why all the hate? I’m baffled. Oh well."

semipenguin likes this.
  11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It's the depression that comes around from Alexakis working through his father abandonment issues on (what seems like) every song.

12. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I guess I could have daddy issues, too.

Like all white kids living in a black neighborhood are scared

HecticArt likes this.
  13. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I caught his show (Accidentally!) on Lithium a few times. His voice is monotone as fuck. No real variance there. Real boring to listen to. And I'm not big fans of the band either. I was more a Collective Soul/Gin Blossoms guy during the 90's.