Annoying Songs

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I actually kinda like that song. It just hits me as silly.
That was bad. Only made it to 1:28.

This is better ...

That's an instant channel changer for me.
The same with anything by the Smiths.

But hey, it's music. There's something for everyone.
Anything by Kidd Rock. Whatever song that is where he uses Sweet Home Alabama is an instant channel changer.

Sad, too. Usually I like people I share birthdays with

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfyre13.com
By the way some of the songs Channel 98 listed are not annoying songs to me, like.

My Humps, Ice Ice Baby, Hot In Herre, Macarena, Mambo No. 5, I'm Too Sexy, Play That Funky Music, Who Let The Dogs Out, Feliz Navidad, Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, She Bangs, Livin' La Vida Loca, Sweet Home Alabama, Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I like some of the annoying songs here. Dislike others. I am in the Last Kiss is worst Pearl Jam song camp. Love Sweet Home Alabama.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Actually, Last Kiss is the only Pearl Jam song I like. And how could I have neglected to mention Tone Lōc's Wild Thing and Funky Cold Medina? And can anyone tolerate hearing NewSong's Christmas Shoes more than once?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Actually, Last Kiss is the only Pearl Jam song I like. And how could I have neglected to mention Tone Lōc's Wild Thing and Funky Cold Medina? And can anyone tolerate hearing NewSong's Christmas Shoes more than once?
I like Ton Loc (well his 2 songs — 2 hit wonder) but Funky Cold Medina has been over played. Also not a song whose subject matter has survived the test of time. Date rape not as cool now as it was in the 80s.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Yes, Comfortably Numb leaves me numb and when I hear Wish You Were Here, I wish I wasn't here. Another annoying song is the 18th-century English carol The Twelve Days Of Christmas. It is a "cumulative song" in which each successive line repeats the previous line. The last line is really all that needs to be sung.

Allan Sherman's The Twelve Gifts Of Christmas is much more entertaining.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The first pressings of Surfin' Bird credited The Trashmen as the writers. Actually, the song was a combination of the Rivingtons' Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow (#48, 1962) and The Bird's The Word (#52, 1963). After the Rivingtons' lawyer threatened to sue Garrett Records for plagiarism, the writing credits were changed to "Al Frazier/Sonny Harris/Carl White/Turner Wilson" (the Rivingtons). Mister Wolf, see if you prefer Pee Wee Herman's version to the Trashmen's version. I'm guessing you will hate both versions equally. :D

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Almost anything from Tom Petty after Full Moon Fever.

Mary Jane's Last Dance is a channel changer.