Annoying Songs

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I kinda put some thought into songs I find annoying from artists I otherwise like.

Here goes:

Jack and Diane - Mellencamp
Give it away - RHCP
Rumor Has It - Adele
Tusk - Fleetwood Mac
Dreams - Van Hagar
Ain't My Bitch - Metallica
Creep - Radiohead (BY FAR their worst! Apparently the band doesn't even like it!)
I'm Goin' Down - Springsteen
Only the Good Die Young - Billy Joel

Of these I like all but:

Give it away - RHCP
Rumor Has It - Adele
Ain't My Bitch - Metallica

(I really like Creep. Its one of my favourite Radiohead songs)

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I wish to go on record as declaring that even the Beatles recorded annoying songs. One of the worst, if not the worst, was recorded in 1967 and not released until 1970 when it appeared on the B-side of Let It Be. It should have stayed unreleased. Here is You Know My Name (Look Up The Number):

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Arthur Godfrey had a #15 hit in 1947 with Too Fat Polka: "I don't want her, you can have her, she's too fat for me." Ray Sharpe had a #46 hit in 1959 with Linda Lu: "Well, now they call my baby Fatty but her real real name, her real name is Linda Lu." Sixty years later, those lyrics would make almost anyone cringe.

For your amazement and amusement, here is another cringeworthy "Fatty" song. It was the B-side of Bobby Rydell's first single, Dream Girl, released in January 1959. Bobby's first three singles failed to chart. Then came Kissin' Time, We Got Love, I Dig Girls, Wild One, Volare, Sway, Good Time Baby, I've Got Bonnie, The Cha-Cha-Cha, Wildwood Days, Forget Him and many other hits. Bobby is 77 and continues to perform. He often tours with Frankie Avalon and Fabian as "The Golden Boys." I'm sure he would like to forget he ever recorded Fatty Fatty.