Any Release Date Yet For The Ttr2?

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
So far initial impressions are the unit is light about 4 lbs,sleek design, Setup is easy, screen is sharp, Screens are intuitive, Remote is basic, Options are easy to go between live and MySXM, OnDemand is a seperate option that is grouped by the channels- Basically the functionality is just like the app on a phone or PC. The sound is acceptable (For me anyway), There is a headphone jack, and an Aux in connection.You can connect via Wireless, or Wired if you have an ethernet cable, Have not tried the timers, but there are multiple ones available, has a sleep timer also (Note the sleep timer is right next to the power button, so I hit the sleep timer by mistake, the way to cancel is just power the unit off. In standby it displays the current time. There are brightness settings, equalization settings, the more advanced settings like start now or go to live are controlled on the radio, the remote is more for basic functions. The one thing that is kind of unusual is whenever you power on the radio, If gives you the screen that it's acquiring much like the Onyx plus, onces its acquired, you need to press the power button a 2nd time, which it states on the screen and then the graphics display. This possibly could be the only way for them to initiate the secondary functionality (Just a Guess) I am giving it 4 stars out of 4, Grace Digital and SiriusXM have come up with a nice little radio that is SiriusXM specific that will satisfy those that want to use the advance funtionality with out the need for a PC, phone , or tablet.

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
Some more updates:
"you need to press the power button a 2nd time, which it states on the screen and then the graphics display."
Doesnt seem to be happening anymore, so maybe its the initiall syncing up.

When you use the remote- to change stations you can't just channel up or down you have to go to main menu and categories of stations to change between them.

The MY SXM are available on the radio, but if you want to change anything about MY SXM settings on a station it has to be done via a PC, tablet, or phone, Maybe it might be a future SW upgrade on the radio.

Tried a timer and works as expected, no issues

Reactions: HecticArt

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Audiovox says it won't ship to any of their dealers until at least Jan 1.

Grace is actually not even responding to my emails about it. I've asked for updates on pricing and availability and they just dodge it. I think they are likely in a political position to not sell it to dealers or they just want to sell direct retail at the moment. This stuff for us as a business is about as frustrating as it gets. We do everything we can to prep for a new product and it comes out and all that goes out the window.

That said I think it's probably just Grace' piece for the time being. In 2017 it may be up for grabs for others.

GrĂĽpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Wow, Been using my squeezebox radio again and have it all hooked in to my music library, but sadly they killed siriusxm support last year when SXM stopped using the old streams. oh well, i needed to upgrade anyway. I'll probably bring the squeezebox to work and use it there and get this for sxm only, as I have been without a radio at home for years now, since i sold my lynx and my sl2 is dead. I use the app primiarily. I need this radio in my life.

Reactions: HecticArt

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
I can't seem to determine what Sirius functionality that the TTR2 has that the Mondo does not have? Is it the My SXM settings?