Any Release Date Yet For The Ttr2?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
You got your TTR2 yesterday. Have you set it up yet?

Yes I have. I love the screen. It also sounds good (nice full bass and clarity) and I can use the SXM customizations. What I dislike was the method of adding passwords and such. Very clumsy. Should have been an app for that. :) Also impossible to get it's MAC address. I had to turn off the MAC address filter on my router and get the MAC address from it to add it.

But other than that, I am enjoying it. I like being able to reliably listen to SXM again. Thanx very much for this unit. And thanx for all the "bling" that you also sent. As I have said before, and probably will many more times again, you guys rock!

Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I should add that it was very quick. I sent my info on Monday and I had it Wednesday night (at my house in morning). Over an international border.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
So far initial impressions are the unit is light about 4 lbs,sleek design, Setup is easy, screen is sharp, Screens are intuitive, Remote is basic, Options are easy to go between live and MySXM, OnDemand is a seperate option that is grouped by the channels- Basically the functionality is just like the app on a phone or PC. The sound is acceptable (For me anyway), There is a headphone jack, and an Aux in connection.You can connect via Wireless, or Wired if you have an ethernet cable, Have not tried the timers, but there are multiple ones available, has a sleep timer also (Note the sleep timer is right next to the power button, so I hit the sleep timer by mistake, the way to cancel is just power the unit off. In standby it displays the current time. There are brightness settings, equalization settings, the more advanced settings like start now or go to live are controlled on the radio, the remote is more for basic functions. The one thing that is kind of unusual is whenever you power on the radio, If gives you the screen that it's acquiring much like the Onyx plus, onces its acquired, you need to press the power button a 2nd time, which it states on the screen and then the graphics display. This possibly could be the only way for them to initiate the secondary functionality (Just a Guess) I am giving it 4 stars out of 4, Grace Digital and SiriusXM have come up with a nice little radio that is SiriusXM specific that will satisfy those that want to use the advance funtionality with out the need for a PC, phone , or tablet.

TSS lists an ethernet adapter as a separate item. Is it item specific or will a universal one work?

Great summary, description and usage tips.

What would you guess is the range on the remote?

I'm interested, want to see when they'll be back in stock and I'll solicit the rest of the Vols fam to gauge their interest in a home bound satrad listening device.

MikeJW

Oct 27, 2008
Just received mine today. During setup, I agree with the other person who said setting up the WiFi password is a little bit of a pain, but once thats done and you long in with your SiriusXm info, you're good to go. I have the sound going through my speakers right now, will test it out without my speakers later tonight. Everything sounds good so far. I like how in addition to getting all the On Demand features, you can even use the station customizations. The 2.0 channels are all here as well. Unit looks nice and doesn't feel too heavy.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
TSS lists an ethernet adapter as a separate item. Is it item specific or will a universal one work?

Great summary, description and usage tips.

What would you guess is the range on the remote?

I'm interested, want to see when they'll be back in stock and I'll solicit the rest of the Vols fam to gauge their interest in a home bound satrad listening device.
We actually have those ethernet adapters but they aren't added to our website but people can call and order them for $14.99.

More TTR2s come into stock tomorrow.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I should add that it was very quick. I sent my info on Monday and I had it Wednesday night (at my house in morning). Over an international border.
Usually we ship to Canada VIA US Postal Service but I opted to Fedex this one and just bill taxes/duties to TSS. Glad it was so fast. It's nuts but when we ship stuff to Amazon warehouses in Ontario it's actually faster than many shipments that go to Amazon warehouses in the US.

Next week we will have the TTR2 available on Amazon Canada for what it's worth.

pritch2448

May 12, 2016
I love this radio......it has some glitches and gets stuck sometimes but it's the best xm radio I have ever had. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.....I called grace digital on the 20th of January and the lady said that there was a new firmware update coming in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I love this radio......it has some glitches and gets stuck sometimes but it's the best xm radio I have ever had. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.....I called grace digital on the 20th of January and the lady said that there was a new firmware update coming in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

I like it too but it definitely has glitches. Look forward to the firmware updates.

pritch2448

May 12, 2016
Is anybody having trouble with their TTR2 radios reseting? Last week it reset onice but last night it reset over and over again.....is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Is anybody having trouble with their TTR2 radios reseting? Last week it reset onice but last night it reset over and over again.....is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

I have had to reset a couple of times since it loses its audio for no reason. But I think it only did it once on its own.

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
Nope- I have had mine since it came out last November, and have had no issues with resetting, sounds like it may be something with your unit.