Anybody Successfully Done Device Recovery On Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Sirius Portables' started by IdRatherBeSkiing, Mar 26, 2015.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

My SL2 started messing up recordings again. And I was ready to do a 'Reset+Erase' except the "Device" menu is kind of not there anymore. No doubt the OS is corrupted. I remember last time this was discussed, the general feeling was Device Recovery did not work on Windows 7. Is this still the case or has anybody successfully done one on Windows 7? And more importantly, does SXM still support it? I am unwilling to try if it will brick my radio as it still works and may be good for something.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I think someone recently posted that they had to use a computer with an older OS on it. I forgot who it was though.
  3. IdRatherBeSkiing

I did find the software on the siriusxm.com website. No mention of O/S. I will try installing it and see what happens.
  4. IdRatherBeSkiing

Didn't work. Got some weird error. Bummer. Well, it was fun while it lasted. The brick is still my ticket to cheap internet radio.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Dig through the threads here to see if you can find it. It wasn't too long ago.
  6. IdRatherBeSkiing

Did he get it to work on win7 or did he find an XP machine? I don't think I have an old Xp machine that works.

I also tried in compatibility mode and that also failed.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk
  7. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I use VMWare to run XP under 7. That might be worth a shot.
  8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I think he found an old XP machine.

Sent from Tapatalk
  9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I just bumped a thread for you. It was started by SonDan and has recent updates.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    IdRatherBeSkiing likes this.
  10. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Got it loaded on my laptop (with Windows 7 Professional) it takes a while to load. I'd give it a shot before you choose to send it to TSS. They have a PC with XP and MSS just for this purpose.
    HecticArt likes this.
  11. IdRatherBeSkiing

I used my wife's laptop still running XP to do the recovery. All good now.
    HecticArt likes this.
  12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Dig. Glad you got it worked out.
  13. IndustrialH

IndustrialH "Who turned the volume down?"

... which could explain why Windows XP still has 15.93% of current O/S usage. :)
  14. IdRatherBeSkiing

My SL2 has stopped recording again. It changes the channel and turns on the little heart and keeps it on well past the end of the recording. Nothing is showing up in the library. I tried to do a reset + erase again and this time it goes all the way to the 'yes, do it' prompt before doing nothing. Looks like another device recovery. Also looks like a failing piece of hardware. :(
  15. IdRatherBeSkiing

Well, it rebooted itself over night and I was able to do a reset & erase on it this morning. See if it will fix the issues.
    HecticArt likes this.
  16. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Good luck.