Anyone else annoyed with 40's on 4 skipping

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008
I wonder if anyone else is hearing a noticeable skip on this channel? The skip is brief... It's a very quick silence that happens in the middle of the audio and sometimes makes a click sound. It happens about every 15 - 30 seconds.

I originally thought it was because they were using old remastered records, but I also hear it on the announcers and some of the promos that Sirius XM is running for other channels. I just logged in to my online streaming audio account and it's there too...

I'm listening on Sirius.. I have no idea if it's happening on XM.

Very annoying :(

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I wonder if anyone else is hearing a noticeable skip on this channel? The skip is brief... It's a very quick silence that happens in the middle of the audio and sometimes makes a click sound. It happens about every 15 - 30 seconds.

I originally thought it was because they were using old remastered records, but I also hear it on the announcers and some of the promos that Sirius XM is running for other channels. I just logged in to my online streaming audio account and it's there too...

I'm listening on Sirius.. I have no idea if it's happening on XM.

Very annoying :(

Funny thing. I was listening live during the update. I was listening to the Strobe since I wasn't sure if the rumors were true. And when it came back the channel was "unavailable". I frantically looked for it. Well, I guess they didn't totally have their ducks in a row because "40s on 4" started by playing two "Strobe" songs complete with a bumper and then suddenly it changed into 40s music but with no song titles. I still hope they are keeping an open mind about changing channels around and bringing some stations back and scrapping others.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah when you guys report stuff like this make sure you specify which service. The old days of us being Sirius only are O-V-E-R. ;)