Anyone see how they are now editing old tapes to make Howard seem more PC?

Salesman

Jul 27, 2011
Some folks across the street discovered this.

Howard is cleaning up his image.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlQyWngZjZM]Stern Revolution CENSORED! 08-21-13 - YouTube[/ame]

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
don't have sirius anymore, but that is terrible if this is true. the show is worse than ever these days between the constant time off and total PC bullshit. oh well, I still have plenty of old uncensored GOOD tapes to listen to on my phone.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
don't have sirius anymore, but that is terrible if this is true. the show is worse than ever these days between the constant time off and total PC bullshit. oh well, I still have plenty of old uncensored GOOD tapes to listen to on my phone.

I just moved on to better shows

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
There are people that Howard used to have a war with. You will NOT hear old tapes of Howard bashing them anymore. To me it's the saddest form of censorship to go back and re-write history. I'm with Blyons, just happy to have other shows to fall back on.

Can only hope something changes and gives.

Salesman

Jul 27, 2011
They awkwardly edited out the iron sheik of him saying "fucking faggot." It sounded chopped off and someone went back to the original tape to see if it was true. They not only removed any clip of sheik saying faggot but also edited out artie and howard riffing while immitating the sheik.

AmuN

Oct 22, 2008
I just noticed I have the O&A channel on my radio, I didn't have it before. Is this a free preview or was it just added to my radio?

Either way, I'm gonna try them out cause lets face it... Howard has lost it. Miley Cyrus has more edge than he does.

What a shame.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I just noticed I have the O&A channel on my radio, I didn't have it before. Is this a free preview or was it just added to my radio?

Either way, I'm gonna try them out cause lets face it... Howard has lost it. Miley Cyrus has more edge than he does.

What a shame.

It's a free preview for a week or so to get people sold on the fact that MLB games are now available on Sirius radios.

And after the MTV show, yeah...I can see that she has more edge than Howard.

As for the editing? I can see if there was a legal reason or if Sirius' legal team was worried about the potential for something negative to be said, but I'd be surprised if this was the case here. They could have had Jon or Gary come on before the segments and say "Yeah, he gets real dirty here, but due to reasons beyond our control, we had to edit it out. We really wanted to play it like you originally heard it, but such things weren't possible." They actually did such a thing when the original tape messed up and a segment of Mastertape was missing.

If/when BTLS gets back on Sirius, if he can be the old BTLS from 06-07, then he could stand to put Howard to shame if he's allowed to tazer people, liquid ass, torture rack, etc.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
There are people that Howard used to have a war with. You will NOT hear old tapes of Howard bashing them anymore. To me it's the saddest form of censorship to go back and re-write history. I'm with Blyons, just happy to have other shows to fall back on.

Can only hope something changes and gives.

Never thought I'd see you post something like this. Wow.

Super Dave

Oct 12, 2008
Maple Shade, NJ
www.oropallo.us
Apparently a guy named Todd Packer had a YouTube Channel that had a lot of Howard material on , he is a friend of Howard so he had his blessing. It is now Private and there is a reason floating around that Howard is trying to PC his image and control the old stuff as much as possible. Sad.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
This is not censorship peeps, this is self censorship. This isn't a governing body controlling the content delivery. When did this rerun air by the way? I don't mind self censorship if it's done to protect the acting parties, like Artie Lange for example, or to eradicate a certain word from the rerun of a show. We all heard it run live, we remember the culture of the show at that time, and we'll never forget the Sheik's clips run over and over. They run in my head anytime I encounter a gay individual, or a cheap Jew son of a bitch. We aren't owed a re-airing of this content years later anyhow. Let's get off it.

Salesman

Jul 27, 2011
This is not censorship peeps, this is self censorship. This isn't a governing body controlling the content delivery. When did this rerun air by the way? I don't mind self censorship if it's done to protect the acting parties, like Artie Lange for example, or to eradicate a certain word from the rerun of a show. We all heard it run live, we remember the culture of the show at that time, and we'll never forget the Sheik's clips run over and over. They run in my head anytime I encounter a gay individual, or a cheap Jew son of a bitch. We aren't owed a re-airing of this content years later anyhow. Let's get off it.

I see. This is such a bad attitude. Stop making apologies.

This is a re-writing of history.

You guys are sounding like cult members and not fans.

Reactions: hyson

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Censorship is censorship no matter who is doing it.

Stern can't forget the "shock jock" radio that made him who he is. He can't ignore the words he used, the battles he fought and the insults he slung. He is who he is based on these past experiences and WE as sure aren't going to forget.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Censorship is censorship no matter who is doing it.

Stern can't forget the "shock jock" radio that made him who he is. He can't ignore the words he used, the battles he fought and the insults he slung. He is who he is based on these past experiences and WE as sure aren't going to forget.

They call it editing when you do it to your own material on your own accord.
May still suck, but it is what it is. The old boy is slowing down and looking to do different things.
Personally, I'm a "don't apologize for doing things that you intended to do," kind of a guy, but that's just me.

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
this instance may have more to do with protecting the Iron Sheik than his own face. Can't get much work if you are screaming shit like that.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
If Howard wants to sanitize or PC old bits... fine... let him do it... only he should make an announcement before the sanitized or PC'd bit is played that as a consequence of his "evolution" he has sanitized or PC'd the bit... or words to that effect... I mean really! WTF!

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
this instance may have more to do with protecting the Iron Sheik than his own face. Can't get much work if you are screaming shit like that.

I was gonna have him at my kid's birthday party. But after I listened to his rantings, my wife and I reconsidered. LOL!