Apple Airpods

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Got a pair of these for my birthday last week, and they're pretty nice! Sounds good and they stay in my ears better than the wired versions do. Plus just double tap either one to activate Siri. Nice that they connect automatically to any device. Was listening to music through the Watch when out walking the other day without my phone.

Reactions: Wolf

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I find the wired Apple buds fall out of my ears too easy. I would be concerned that these would too. The difference if these fell out, they would fall out and possibly be lost depending on where they fall.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Up to this point they've been pretty secure while walking. There is a certain way to put them in to they stay, but I learned how.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
This was an old review I did on my Airpods and this is a reply from Wolf's Den

I can totally understand what you are saying and that what I thought in the beginning it had a poor battery life. But I had a former coworker, who bought a pair and after she had them for couple of weeks, she loved them.

I did ask her quite a few questions, but the case can hold a 24 hour charge. You don't need to charge the case every few days, depends on how much you use them. It a force a habit for me for now, to charge them everyday. But I have notice at the end of the day, the case is anywhere from 75% to 80% plus. So I'll try and not charge them tonight and see how much battery life, I can get by end of the work day on Friday. Also the case is like the size of a dental floss container.

The headphones can last 5 hours, but once you put the airpods back in the case for 15 minutes, you can get an extra 3 extra hours of battery life pretty fast. So technically they can last the whole work day. The airpods may feel a little extra weight, with the gadgets in it. They might look weird on you, but they feel and fit pretty just right in my ears. They are just like the old earbuds but without the cord.

The sound comes in pretty great and I haven't had any issues talking people through them. Once you take one airpod out of your ear, the music pauses until you put the airpod back in. You tap on the side, if you want to access siri. But there is no volume control. You have to use your phone or watch to control the volume or talk to siri and adjust the volume like found in the link below.

Quickly adjust AirPods volume by percentage and check listening levels with Siri

So I'm totally satisfied and would recommend them, if you like the old Apple's earbuds. If you want to go cordless. They airpods can also work with my watch, macbook and any other devices that can use bluetooth like Androids.

I had mine for nearly a year and a half and they are still going strong. I use them every day at work and the battery life only a few hours. But within 15 minutes I can get a few extra hours of listening time. I do have to charge my case every 2 days because the pods take a lot of battery life from the charging case.

Last edited:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I finally got some Airpods a few weeks ago. I think they're great, I do not miss wires. To save a few bucks I went with a second generation unit for $99.
I got an old pair of the 1st gen awhile ago. I’d like to get the pro model.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I still have my original Airpods, my partner mainly uses them. I have the pro and I really like them. I can charge them wirelessly, bit smaller then the originals and better sound quality.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I just replaced my Bose ones with the AirPods Pro (2nd gen) and I love them. Cheaper than the Bose. I went with the Best Buy replacement plan instead of AppleCare since it was that replacement plan that allowed me to trade in the not-working Bose headphones.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
For the record, I loved my Bose earbud bluetooth headphones ... when they worked. They started giving me issues in Scranton and they got worse and worse until they would not connect to my phone. I don't think the problem was a defective product therefore it had to be hardware or design. So I asked around and several of my co-workers recommended the AirPod Pros. Since I could buy anything upon exchange (as long as it was from BestBuy) and BestBuy carried the AirPods, I went with them. My backup noise cancelling headphones are Bose wired ones which I still like except they are wired.

The only thing so far that I dislike about them is it reads my texts to me when one comes in. When I use a credit card I get an alert saying how much I spent and where, etc. If I am on my phone it just plays my cash register chime and that's it. On the AirPods it gives me an alert of some sort chosen by Apple for my own good and proceeds to read the whole damn text to me. Depending on the credit card this could be annoying. Some put an essay in their text about how to contact them if fraud. And then again in French. I do not see a setting to remove this. My Bose ones did not do this, they just played the ka-ching.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'll admit that Bose has good products in the noise canceling and in-ear market. It's the traditional audio market - stereo speakers, home theater speakers, traditional headphones and portable audio - where they're more slick marketing and less performance.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The only thing so far that I dislike about them is it reads my texts to me when one comes in. When I use a credit card I get an alert saying how much I spent and where, etc. If I am on my phone it just plays my cash register chime and that's it. On the AirPods it gives me an alert of some sort chosen by Apple for my own good and proceeds to read the whole damn text to me. Depending on the credit card this could be annoying. Some put an essay in their text about how to contact them if fraud. And then again in French. I do not see a setting to remove this. My Bose ones did not do this, they just played the ka-ching.
I found the setting. It's under Siri (stupid location) and says it will announce notifications when supported headphones are connected. Thank you google.

Reactions: sadchild