Apple Care

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
You know Apple really does have great tech support. Tonight I bought a Airport Extreme Wireless router and I called Apple for help getting the PC's set up (Apple devices hooked up no issues). The guy informs me that since I have Apple Care on my iMac, I have 3 years of Applecare on my Airport Extreme! He says that when you buy any Airport device if you have Apple Care on your Mac or iPad that will cover the Airport device as well.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yes Indeed and my Apple Care on my old MacBook Pro 2009 more than paid for itself over twice. In the last year I had a motherboard and a display replaced. My display had this little area that was a tad bit discolored, which showed up all of sudden. It was tiny and in the corner of the display. It really didn't bother me for the most part, but I took it and they replaced it without question.

Apple Plus on iPad and iPhone is a no brainer these days which covers to full accidental issues like water, busted display etc.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Apple Plus on iPad and iPhone is a no brainer these days which covers to full accidental issues like water, busted display etc.

If you have DirecTV's new premium warranty service (I forget what they call that) then it replaces the need for apple plus altogether. I used to always get apple plus (never needed it though) until DirecTV came out with this. Now I can skip the apple warranty and rely on DirecTV.