Apple CEO announces plans to manufacture Macs in the USA

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
This gives Apple more control over the product.

Just imagine how much they'll cost now.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
This gives Apple more control over the product.

Just imagine how much they'll cost now.

A statement not backed up by facts since Apple prices have dropped over the years.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
A statement not backed up by facts since Apple prices have dropped over the years.

Fact: I said it. Therefore it's true ;)

Fact: Apple products are higher than other competitors similar products.

Fact: US Labor is expensive

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
If they really do this and its not just some token assembly done in the USA, I would consider buying an Apple computer the next time I am looking. I also read in that or another article that Lenovo is doing something similar. "Made in the USA" doesn't mean I will buy it regardless, but those products get first consideration from me.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008

What statement isn't backed up by facts? Is it that they have more control or him telling the readers to imagine something?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Fact: I said it. Therefore it's true ;)

Fact: Apple products are higher than other competitors similar products.

Fact: US Labor is expensive

And I said it ain't, so there. :D

Besides which it's cheaper to process and ship within the United States than to have to pay costs to put it on a boat across the ocean. Apple prices are slightly higher than the competition, but then so are Mercedes Benz.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
What statement isn't backed up by facts? Is it that they have more control or him telling the readers to imagine something?

I'm not taking offense or anything. Jon, after all, is the forum resident Apple Fan boy (see usertitle)

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I'm not taking offense or anything. Jon, after all, is the forum resident Apple Fan boy (see usertitle)

I didn't think you were. I was just curious as to what part wasn't based in fact. The only viable answer is your statement that they will have better control over their product so that confuses me as to why Jon would argue that idea.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I didn't think you were. I was just curious as to what part wasn't based in fact. The only viable answer is your statement that they will have better control over their product so that confuses me as to why Jon would argue that idea.

I think Jon was bothered that I alluded to the FACT that Apple products aren't cheap.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008

This almost sounds like something Memebag would say.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I'm just saying prices are cheaper than they were. iMacs have come down and you can get a Mac Mini for about $600 nowadays. They're still a little higher than PCs, but you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk