Apple Smart Watch

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'm glad there no memory different sizes, just for bands. But if I can afford one, I would get this one Apple Watch Sport - Pre-Order April 10 - Apple Store (U.S.) $399

s42sg-sbbk-detail

Even though, this one looks nicer but not for $999
w42ss-slsi-sel

This one is alright for $599 and $699

w42ss-sbbk-sel
w42ss-cbbk-sel

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'm hoping some 3rd party companies will create similar bands for a whole a lot cheaper prices. I find it ridiculous, what Apple is pricing this other band watches. They all should almost be the same price, but the sport, regular and gold edition.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the numbers.
I think 75 million, especially at this price point, is pretty aggressive.
Hope I'm wrong. More sales will mean more development and cooler, less expensive, future products. Big sales will get everyone else off their butts trying to compete finally.
If they get that it proves a huge number of fanboys buy only for the name and not the feature/value combination. Sorry not gonna spend $600 + iPhone cost and still have to buy a band.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HecticArt

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
the guy in this video is a douche and he drops it on concrete which seems unlikely but i imagine a lot of people do have tile floors in their homes which is pretty hard like concrete. seems more likely u would drop it putting it on in the bathroom or kitchen.

Video reveals 'impact-resistant' Apple Watch Sport SHATTERS when dropped | Daily Mail Online

I agree what a total douche! He waist nearly $400 bucks and destroys that watch, what he going to do report a stolen Apple Watch or say that somebody else destroyed my watch?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I agree what a total douche! He waist nearly $400 bucks and destroys that watch, what he going to do report a stolen Apple Watch or say that somebody else destroyed my watch?

idk, its cool to have videos that test how durable stuff is but this guy seems like he was just out to badmouth apple. i also enjoy videos of people getting some new apple toy and then purposely smashing it in front of everyone else in line. somehow this video was both no good as a legit test and no good as a fun 'lets smash apple stuff' video.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
idk, its cool to have videos that test how durable stuff is but this guy seems like he was just out to badmouth apple. i also enjoy videos of people getting some new apple toy and then purposely smashing it in front of everyone else in line. somehow this video was both no good as a legit test and no good as a fun 'lets smash apple stuff' video.

I know people have to make these test smash videos, but towards the end he was going overboard and being reckless.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I call him a douche too.
What watch can you expect to not have problems with concrete?
Granted, if they call it a sports watch, it should do a little better than that, but this guy is a joke.

How much money can these clown make off of these YouTube videos?

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I call him a douche too.
What watch can you expect to not have problems with concrete?
Granted, if they call it a sports watch, it should do a little better than that, but this guy is a joke.

How much money can these clown make off of these YouTube videos?

My Pebble Steel has a Gorilla Glass face, and a steel edge around it. When it drops the steel makes contact so the glass doesn't shatter. I bang mine into stuff a lot and it doesn't have a mark on it.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Agreed. If it's a fashion watch, then it's looks can be a bit higher priority.
If it's marketed as a sports watch, no crystal protection is a mistake.

With that said, the guy is still a douche.

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
It been couple of years, since I own my Apple watch series 1. I still use it everyday, but I have notice it starting to get a bit slow. Whenever I try to access a app, play music or anything. It takes a bit longer to access now and the battery life seems to draining more and more. Last night, it took nearly 2 hours to update to the latest software. I do see some of the new features, but my watch is still a bit sluggish.

So I was checking the AT&T site and saw you can order a new series 3 with there next plan. Before going any further, I chatted with an AT&T operator and they are offering a promotion, waiving the activation fee and giving out credit for the first 3 months. So basically they want to give away these things and all I would have to do is pay the taxes which is about $35 bucks and my AT&T bill wouldn't go up for 3 months. I know, there is usually catches, but I couldn't find any.

So I will ordered the new watch this Friday and should receive it within the first week or two of October. But I have heard some stores will probably have it in stock, so I may check online first before ordering it. My bill will only go up $31 bucks, $10 for new line and $20 a month for the next 20 months. Which most likely, I will pay off early sometime next year.

This is what my new watch supposedly looks like, I think apple can give credit for old products like my series 1 watch.
alu-space-sport-loop-olive-2up_gpscell_varend

Still tempting of getting the iPhone X next month?

Last edited: