Apple Tv About To Roll Out Streaming Tv Service

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Sounds good. The more options the better. I bet just ESPN will take the bulk of the price.

Will some here that said they wouldn't pay for SlingTV because of ESPN pay now because it's Apple? Hmmm

Sent from my Note 4

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
It does sound like a good deal, but I'm not ready to cut the cable cord yet.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
It does sound like a good deal, but I'm not ready to cut the cable cord yet.
It doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Maybe if they were carrying El Rey, Spike, AMC and a bunch of other channels I watch. But it sounds like they aren't?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
It doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Maybe if they were carrying El Rey, Spike, AMC and a bunch of other channels I watch. But it sounds like they aren't?

I know paying $40 bucks for 25 channels doesn't sound great. But it does sound great that they are finally getting something together for the basic channels on the internet. I watch quite a few networks like Discovery, USA, Spike, FX, FXX, SyFy, Science, TBS, TNT, and TruTV. Once those channels appear with the basic channels, then I'm probably ready to pull the plug.

I watch couple shows on AMC and History channels and I believe they could be included they are popular networks. Now for El Rey, the only show I watch on there is Lucha Underground and I agree that El Rey won't be showing up on some person internet box anytime soon.

Reactions: Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
SlingTV has some pretty decent channels for just $20 a month. It's never going to be perfect but it's a damn good start.

Sent from my Note 4

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
SlingTV has some pretty decent channels for just $20 a month. It's never going to be perfect but it's a damn good start.

Sent from my Note 4

Checking out what channels are on the Sling TV I do watch Food, Travel and Cartoon Network, plus it does include the El Rey network. So for $20 bucks that is a start, I have no reason to add the $5 extra channels, those networks I don't watch. I still need some of the channels I mentioned above, so it close to a start.

sling.JPG

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Checking out what channels are on the Sling TV I do watch Food, Travel and Cartoon Network, plus it does include the El Rey network. So for $20 bucks that is a start, I have no reason to add the $5 extra channels, those networks I don't watch. I still need some of the channels I mentioned above, so it close to a start.

View attachment 2089

The more people doing this the better. Lots of options equal better prices and more choices.

Sent from my Note 4

Reactions: HecticArt and Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
The more people doing this the better. Lots of options equal better prices and more choices.

Sent from my Note 4

That is true, hopefully the price wars won't be to crazy and plus the competition will be killing each other like the cable companies, Apple, Sling and I bet Google and Samsung will get in the act very shortly.

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Thinking seriously about Apple TV. Should I get it now or wait until September to see what may or may not be announced. I know the programming choices in Canada will be meagre but I will get NHL GameCentre Live and shomi free through my wireless provider.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
You won't get the Streaming service until 2016. But there's rumored to be an App Store (like Roku) and Universal Search (It's about damn time!) where you can search for a movie or an actor over several services. I'll probably get it myself once it's out.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
OK, if I get the current model, will it be upgradable or no?

There only one model to choose from and if you get it now. The software will always be upgradable, I just think the future model will only include 4K TV, there rumors there might be a USB or micro-SD slot? But I doubt they will include one. The prices have somewhat, come down and if you are up for it, I would get it now. There are quite a few channels to access but nothing like a Roku has to offer. My Apple TV is about 2 years old and I don't plan on upgrading down the road.