Art Bell's Dark Matter Returns

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Satellite

Legendary Radio Personality Art Bell to Launch Exclusively on SiriusXM

> One of the most listened-to radio hosts of the last two decades returns to the airwaves with expanded live, nightly call-in show

> On "Art Bell's Dark Matter," the late night broadcasting legend to explore the paranormal and unexplained with expert guests and listeners nationwide

> Bell to open the phone lines and listeners' minds to debunk and declassify conventional wisdom in an uncensored, unscripted forum

-- Sirius XM Radio announced today it will be the exclusive home to legendary radio personality Art Bell, marking the return of the trailblazing late night host to radio with a new, expanded live, nightly call-in show on which he will explore the paranormal, unexplained and more with expert guests and listeners nationwide.

Art Bell's Dark Matter will debut in fall 2013 on Indie, SiriusXM channel 104, airing nightly from 10:00 pm — 1:00 am ET (7:00 — 10:00 pm PT). Bell will host the show from his home studio in Pahrump, Nevada—near the storied Area 51—opening the phones lines and inviting listeners and expert guests to join his uncensored, unscripted nightly conversation about a wide variety of topics including: the paranormal, near-death experiences, quantum physics, extraterrestrial life and the unusual.

A 2008 inductee to the National Radio Hall of Fame, Bell was one of the top five most listened-to talk hosts in America when he was syndicated weeknights from 1993-2003, sharing the top rankings with Howard Stern, Dr. Laura and Rush Limbaugh, with as many as fifteen million listeners on 500 radio stations. Howard Stern and Dr. Laura are also exclusively heard on SiriusXM.

"SiriusXM is the perfect fit for me and my new show Art Bell's Dark Matter," said Art Bell. "Though invisible, dark matter accounts for gravitational forces observed in the universe—expect these forces to be at work in the uncensored, unrestricted creative arena of satellite radio, a medium with truly extraterrestrial reach."

"We are excited to be the exclusive home of Art Bell, who has captivated a nation of listeners throughout his career with his intelligent and inquisitive, yet entertaining, style," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. "Art Bell left terrestrial radio after the biggest possible successes. We are honored that Art now wants to work with SiriusXM to write his next chapter; his vision takes advantage of our best strengths and his new show will be uncensored, unrestricted, uncluttered and utterly unique. With his return to radio on SiriusXM, he will be able to reach millions of longtime listeners and new fans everywhere in the nation."

Bell started in radio at age thirteen when he became a licensed amateur radio operator, a license and interest that he holds to this day. He hosted radio shows while serving in the Air Force in Vietnam, became an engineer when he returned to the U.S., and returned to the airwaves with a late night show on a Las Vegas radio station that ultimately became his nationally syndicated show "Coast to Coast AM."

Art Bell's Dark Matter will be available on SiriusXM On Demand after it airs for subscribers listening via the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and other mobile devices or online at siriusxm.com.

Visit Welcome to the world of satellite radio - SiriusXM Radio, Art Bell and @ArtBell51 on Twitter for more information.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I'm always shocked at how many people tell me how much they loved Art Bell and now it's coming to SiriusXM exclusively! What a get!

I really think we should get on board quick and get an Art Bell section going on.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
This is great. I can catch the end of Bell, then wheel on over to my local AM station for Coast to Coast!!!! Hahaha

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
When I first got XM, Coast to Coast was on one channel, and they played the entire four hour show, 24hrs a day :)

Last edited:

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
When I first got XM, Coast to Coast was on one channel, and they played the entire four hour show, 24hrs a day :)

Sounds like the first days of Sirius NASCAR Radio. Speedway 24/7. Kinda miss that since there is crap when I get to listen.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
This sounds like a very interesting show that I will enjoy- how come I never heard about it before :idunno:

Probably because a) you sleep during the night like most humans and b) when you hear hoofbeats, you think horses, not zebras.

Still, cool subject matter. He's the Rush Limbaugh of the paranoid UFO Nostradamus alien abduction government conspiracy red flag crowd.

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
Get Ted Williams, the homeless DJ who does Voice Overs from Kraft Mac N Cheese.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Probably because a) you sleep during the night like most humans and b) when you hear hoofbeats, you think horses, not zebras.

Still, cool subject matter. He's the Rush Limbaugh of the paranoid UFO Nostradamus alien abduction government conspiracy red flag crowd.

Then it won't surprise you that I am an Art Bell fan!

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
I'm very much ready for this. C2CAM, under Noory, is now rarely about UFOs, ghosts, demons, and other weird paranormal stuff.

Now you get a nutrition show or a finance show or a politics show.. and Noory agrees with everyone. If you listen to other hosts, Art Bell included, if the person they're interviewing goes off the reservation and says something crazy (well, TOO crazy) then they'll call them out on it. Someone could say the Sun is made of ice cream and chocolate sprinkles and Noory would agree.

I record all of the C2CAM shows and, out of a month, there are maybe 5-6 that I'll go back and listen to.. Most are just uninteresting (again, nutrition, medical, finance, politics, the "Numbers Lady" (ugh) - 2 hours of nothing, there).