Artie Lange Arrested for Suspicion of DUI

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Oren, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

On with the show? Artie's life has pretty much been the show these last four years. Let's take a diversion from the show, let's hear them talk about the celebrities that died over the past two weeks, not the one celebrity that wants to die.

2. JYJr

JYJr Member

I'm going to guess that Artie is not there on Monday. If it's true that he was nailed for DUI, he would likely have been told my his attorney not to speak about it, plus he probably violated whatever deal he had with Sirius to keep his job after all of his other troubles. I'm not saying he's gone for good, but I'm guessing he will at least be laying low (and/or suspended by Sirius)...

3. Spokker

Spokker Active Member

He's there and they haven't talked about it yet as of 30 minutes into the show.

The show instead is like I died and went back to two weeks ago. Ugh.

4. audiophile1

audiophile1 Banned

Welcome to the revolution .

5. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

My guess is they won't talk about it until (MAYBE) Lisa G or Steve comes in to do the news promos.

6. Spokker

Spokker Active Member

We have a winner.

Artie says he blew a 0.0 on the breathalyzer and wasn't intoxicated or on any other drug.

7. jamesp717

jamesp717 Member

How fucking true ! :bigahh:

8. jamesp717

jamesp717 Member

Hey Now

You are a dreamer ! :crazy:

It will be and is all he can talk about. :bigahh:

9. dZilla

dZilla Member

Here we go... this is how it goes, in most states and I can only assume it is true in NJ as well.

A police officer when they pull you over, can administer a road side sobriety test. A breathalyzer that gives an actual reading, is only done at the police shop. The one that they give you at the actual police car is a pass-fail machine (with a 'warn'). If you get a warn, or fail, then they can proceed to have you do an actual breathalyzer that gives a reading (which can have false positives) hence why Artie may have been required to get urine sample. If Artie doesn't plea to 'reckless driving' (which in most states is a plea down from DUI), then he may be redeemed.

10. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

11. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

Artie said the piss test won't show up any ILLEGAL drugs, and he said that very specifically. I wouldn't be surprised if LEGAL drugs showed up in his system, that he didn't have a script for. Or his doctor friend would write him a script to cover it up.

Can they tell if he had too much drugs in his system (ie lexipro) to be f'd-up? I wouldn't be surprised if he ate a ton of lexipro's, was high, and hit someone. He would at least have a script for it, but would be so high the cops thought he was drunk enough to take a breathalyzer/piss test

And I disagree with all the people who think howard is done with arties BS, I disagree.

Howard: "arties gonna do what arties gonna do"

I honestly think Howard is too lazy/late in his contract to do something

12. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

I'm just guessing here but I think that they would of had to do a blood test to tell the actual about of a drug in his system not just a urine test.
    Also, I think Howard honestly thinks that the Artie saga makes for good radio.

13. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Of course he does. Otherwise Artie would have been shit-canned a long time ago.

14. Snoozer

Exactly.

15. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

Artie's lying, as usual. No cop is going to risk booking a rich celebrity for DUI unless they're absolutely sure they were DUI.

And if bringing up Lexapro is his way of trying to get off the hook, he's TOTALLY full of shit. An SSRI like Lexapro won't make you "high".

I haven't heard the show yet, only the recent comments here. I'm listening to the replay now.

16. dZilla

dZilla Member

A cop would book anyone they believe to be under the influence, now it goes from being a 'charge' to actual prosecution if the state wishes to pursue those charges, hence why many times DUI's are plead down because of lack of evidence. And the only reason as I said for a cop to take a piss test is that Artie failed a road side sobriety test whether that be the pass/fail machine, or one of the other tests.

17. Die_LaMattres

Die_LaMattres Active Member

An SSRI won't get you high, but it could impare your ability ...as it is labeled "to operate machinery", or something to that effect. Lexapro (and others) put that on the label to avoid situations just like this. Someone like Artie hits something while driving....blames the Lexapro, Lexapro is now at fault, etc.

I think Artie is hooked up with a good attorney, and may get fined or something like that, but I doubt he will lose his license for any length of time. He wasn't drunk to the point of falling over, so he may be able to weasel out of this situation.

In New Jersey, the only people who drive recklessly, kill people, and get away with it are cops.

18. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

hmmm....I'm not sure but you just may be on to something here ;)

19. Snoozer

LOL I know it seems like I'm stating the obvious but a lot of people around here seem to think he's only there because Howard is lazy..

20. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

i'm pretty sure friends i knew in college would abuse SSRI's like any other drug. If you don't actually need it, it will release extra dopamine into your brain, making you feel happy (high). Sorta like exstacy, except on a much lower level.

I could be wrong about getting "high", but I know people took it, who didn't need it.