Artie News

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by JHDK, Oct 7, 2014.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

looks like artie is quitting the artie quitter show. i gave up on the podcast over a year ago but i will tune in for his last show.

1. [​IMG]Artie Lange‏Verified account@artiequitter 2m2 minutes ago
      More
      Replying to @artiequitter
      Til then I bid u a melancholy yet tough as New York Nails ado!

2. [​IMG]Artie Lange‏Verified account@artiequitter 4m4 minutes ago
      More
      Today is me Falato & I assume 4 Brussels Griffins listening somewhere in the greater Chicago Area! But we'll make 400 shows w I hope guests!

3. [​IMG]Artie Lange‏Verified account@artiequitter 11m11 minutes ago
      More
      The announcement on today's PC is the saddest thing I've ever had to say to my loyal insanely great fans I got threw Howard's Amazing show!

4. [​IMG]Artie Lange‏Verified account@artiequitter 14m14 minutes ago
      More
      Today's PC is bad news. It involves assholes who steal it & me making a decision based on how busy I will be shooting Season2 of Crashing.

5. [​IMG]Artie Lange‏Verified account@artiequitter 29m29 minutes ago
      More
      BIG announcement on the podcast today you don't want to miss it!

scotchandcigar likes this.
  2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i listened to friday's show and it turns out his not quitting exactly. he claims that when he started the podcast with the $6.95 monthly subscription model he was pulling down around 150k yearly. he said in the last couple months he has been losing 6k monthly on the podcast. so he said that if things don't turn around in the next few weeks he will likely end the podcast.

in other art news, this was the first podcast i listened to in awhile and oh man is artie even more bitter than normal. in the 80 minutes he bitched about howard about 4 times. he is honestly starting to remind me of a funnier version of jackie at this point.

he also just tweeted this which i thought was cool to learn. while the bitterness puts me off a bit, i very much like his openness. rarely are celebs this candid:

Artie Lange‏Verified account@artiequitter 13m13 minutes ago
    More
    My salary for Crashing season 1 Was 15 thousand dollars an episode. My season 2 salary is 17,500 dollars an episode. 2500 more!!!

3. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

I tried Artie's podcast and found it insufferable.

Give me the JRE anyday...

4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

jre?

5. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Joe Rogan Experience

JHDK likes this.
  6. Gabria13

Gabria13 Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Gabria13

Gabria13 Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Gabria13

Gabria13 Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  9. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Wow. He drops this bombshell like 2 days after I decide to stop following him because all he was doing was tweeting plugs for his gigs. Hope he pulls through. It's always something with Artie.

10. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

That's pretty crazy. I think he's just about run out of lives.

11. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

It's utterly amazing how drugs affect people. Some die real young, yet there's always grandma and her two daily packs of menthols with a shot of wisky and she's 107.

12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

[​IMG]

Bark and scotchandcigar like this.
  13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Check this out:

[​IMG]
    So, the cat is finally out of the bag! Artie Lange will be Anthony’s new co-host!

Before you watch the first episode of The Artie & Anthony Show on September 5th, check out (and pick-up) the brand new “The AA Show” merch on CompoundMedia.com.

I'm no O & A fan but I do love Art. I'll have to check out at least one or 2 episodes.

HecticArt and scotchandcigar like this.
  15. kryptonite

That's one way to guarantee Howard won't talk about Artie.

16. riskybzns

riskybzns Well-Known Member

I know Opie is gone, but is their show still on Sirius?

17. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I think it' gone podcast willy.

There may be video too, not sure about that.

18. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I think Artie is better as a sidekick, sniping from the side rather than as a front guy. He's too bitter for that. But who knows? I miss those golden days (first five years of Sirius) so much.

JHDK likes this.
  19. kryptonite

The channel once known as High Voltage -->> The ViRUS -->> Opie Radio is now known as Faction Talk. This channel hosts Jason Ellis and a bunch of other talk shows.

Opie is not on there. Anthony, as we know, was fired a while ago. It seems like they won't be getting back together, but "never say never" according to at least one interview article.

20. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

scotchandcigar likes this.