Artie Update

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by wwfmike, May 20, 2010.

1. wwfmike

wwfmike Member

From The Howard Shrine:

Here is an official update on Artie Lange...unfortunately it is not too good...

Artie Lange's whereabouts and current mental status are now officially known-but the news isn't great.

An interview Artie Lange did with Penthouse Magazine before his suicide attempt was released Wednesday, and included the first family-approved update on where and how well the Howard Stern Show sidekick is recuperating.

The Penthouse article stated:

"Lange has been laying low since the suicide attempt, spending time with his mother Judy and his sister Stacey, who reports that Artie is 'still in bed and not speaking more than five words a day.' Artie's sister canceled his shows in Las Vegas and at Foxwoods, as well as a few club dates for New York that were scheduled for June and July."

This is the first official statement from a family member of Artie Lange since the comedian's suicide attempt by stabbing in January. All other reports on Lange's post-attempt status have come from stories leaked to tabloid outlets and the occasional cryptic on-air statements from Howard Stern Show members who were trying to respect the family's wishes for privacy.

Artie Lange Page Six story exposes violent suicide attempt

When asked by a Penthouse reporter what he was "passionate" about, Artie Lange stated: "Work. I have nothing else to be excited about. It sucks."

The Penthouse article also quoted Artie Lange as saying: "Getting on The Howard Stern Show is the greatest thing that ever happened to me."

source: Artie Lange's sister says comedian is 'still in bed' and barely speaking

:(

2. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Thank you for the update. I wish Artie the best.

3. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

Thats depressing. i had high hopes considering the good updates we received from howard and booey

4. RDog

RDog Well-Known Member

If Artie is not saying more than five words a day, I consider that good news.

;)

5. rickster53

rickster53 Active Member

That's sad but unfortunately not surprising. Still, I wish him the best and hope that he will finally be able to straighten out his life.

6. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

lol!

-------------------

7. Super Dave

Super Dave Member

Sure miss Artie during all of the Jeff The Drunk crap lately. I bet Artie would have Jeff in tears.

8. thekingofnicotine

thekingofnicotine Well-Known Member

That is strange.

Do you guys think that girlfriend is still with him or am I the only one who thinks that girls wasn't his girlfriend at all?

9. Super Dave

Super Dave Member

It was reported long ago that she left him last Thanksgiving. She gave him an ultimatum, drugs or her, dumbass chose drugs.

10. thekingofnicotine

Who reported that? I recall him telling stories about her well into early December.

I don't think Artie has any hope. He'll probably attempt another suicide and succeed.

11. Super Dave

Super Dave Member

I linked a story to it when he attempted suicide, forget where I came across it.

12. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

He has everything to live for yet still can't get his shit together.

Wow, he needs continued lifelong mental help.

13. J3ff

J3ff Member

What is it about money that makes people mentally ill?

14. thekingofnicotine

Everyone is mentally ill in some way, we just don't have time for it like rich people cause we're too busy working and worrying about money.

15. RDog

RDog Well-Known Member

WAAAHHH, I'm still in bed and not speaking more than five words a day 6 months after my fake suicide attempt, WAAAHHH...

:twisted:

16. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Plus they have the money to indulge in their addictions. And Artie pretty said amassing money was an addition in and of itself for him. Well whatever he needs to recover he can afford to do it. I wish him nothing but the best.

And you know he'll be all over TV interviews once he decides he's ready to talk about this. Because of the media's morbid obsession with watching trainwrecks he may be bigger than ever.

17. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

I'm not mentally ill. I know how to avoid the traps.

:eek:

18. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

That is really awful. For the family to put it out there like that and not try to put a good picture on it shows that he truly is in bad shape. We wish him well but it doesn't sound good.

19. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

What a very sad situation.

Then again, look at Benny Hill: he made over a billion people laugh, yet he lived a very private life with no family. What killed him was when they canceled his show.

Artie Lange and Benny Hill are proof that sadly, the funniest people who ever lived don't always have a laughable life. Humor's a great escape, but sadly, reality sucks.

Even though his hurdles are too big to handle at this point, I still wish Artie the best.

IronJabroni likes this.
  20. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

I feel bad for his sister and mother. having a sick person in the family doesn't just effect the person who's ill, but it really effects their family as they are the ones who have to deal with all the ramifications of the sick person's behavior.