As of 6:15am EST, Artie doesn't exist...

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
4 hours of Blue Iris, Jeff the Drunk and the Guy Who Laughs at Everything clips! Oh, and the Redneck Guy from back in the day. C'mere, youuuuuuu!

There you go, I can see it. I mean it's not going to please everyone, but his die-hard fans will like it (of which I am not a part of that exclusive club), I would think, I get the sense that he could do no wrong in their eyes, anyway.

It would be funny if the whole tribute consisted of:

- Crystal meth is a great drug if you ever have to walk to St. Louis...
- Jessica Simpson is the b*tch who broke up 98 Degrees
- If you ever give a hooker money to buy coke...

:shifty:

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
There you go, I can see it. I mean it's not going to please everyone, but his die-hard fans will like it (of which I am not a part of that exclusive club), I would think, I get the sense that he could do no wrong in their eyes, anyway.

Tony Romo rhymes with "Tony Homo"...

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I don't doubt there are legal and moral issues at play, and definitely, Howard shouldn't get into Artie's situation as it pertains to those, but he should update what Artie's status is as it relates to the show for the remainder of the contract. Think of it this way, if one of Fred, Robin, or Benjy stopped appearing on the show, there would be some sort of statement. Right now Howard is acting like it's the end of 2009 when Artie was going to take the week off.

I did manage to think of what they could air as a part of an Artie special that would please his fans and isn't drug-related:

- Biggie Smalls impression - Gimme The Loot, Gimme The Loot, etc.
- Reciting scenes from The Godfather
- Norm MacDonald appearances where they discuss filming Dirty Work
- Man Cave construction
- "Coming Out" to George Takei

Tony Romo rhymes with "Tony Homo"...

Artie's cumshot revelation could take at least an hour, if prepared correctly.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
1. I agreed with him today. The songs were lousy and just not really funny in the sense of "oh my god, how stupid is this guy."

2. Howard has gotten older and mellowed out.

3. Howard has also been playing this stuff for a long time and is probably tired of it.

4. We've all grown up with the show and probably changed our views and opinions on things too.

I don't mind people critiquing the show. I don't mind people saying the show is different than what it used to be but to say that the show is over because they haven't addressed the Artie situation is just a little much.

I'm in the camp of the people that think they've handled the Artie thing horribly and really I think we need an explanation. however, I'm not going to stop listening, cancel my subs and bash Howard all day.

I thougt the show today was quite amusing and funny.

The same people that compain that Howard is too old and mellow now are the same people that complain when Howard rips apart Jay Leno and bashes him for 30 minutes. I just don't get it.

You want Howard to be mean and fired up and when he gets that way, you all back down and say "come on Howard, enough." Christ, he bashed Chevy Chase for YEARS and everyone loved that fued.
I think the biggest difference is that Howard is now accepted. Before he was married with kids hiding in his basement. NOw he is out at Nobu and parties in the Hamptons and might run into some of these people

He used to crush Regis. Did a whole bit about Regis not paying for his crippled son, and now they are neighbors. Kind of hard to rip the guy when you see him in the elevator.

It's changed how he does things.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
What do you think an Artie special would consist of? They can't air him sleeping on the job because it's drug related, they can't air a lot of his made-up stories of his past, because they're drug related, they can't air Artie's 2 most-famous moments of trying to maim Sal and Teddy, because they're drug related.

I have a feeling it'll never materialize, I don't see any of them working too hard to get it ready, but I could be wrong, of course.
We'll get the pig story. Him drinking in Vegas. Howard doing Dana and Mama Caprio.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Should be interesting with Dr. Drew in today. Will they completely avoid talking about Artie with him?

I'm going with yes they'll completely ignore it. There is obviously something serious, either legal (with Sirius) or a failed suicide attempt that they don't want discussed on the air.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Well, sort of... he said "Not true... not as far as I know, I mean..." which I think is when he tries to pretend like he is not "Management" and doesn't know exactly what is going on.

If Artie is still a part of the show, why pay tribute to him, and taking that further, why would Tim want to do a WHOLE SHOW as a tribute?

Also, in two days, they've not said "When Artie comes back..." once. That can't be a coincidence. Fred would also not be playing a subtle tribute of his own if all was well.

Its Howard's show, if he said Artie has not quit the show, he has not quit the show (yet). When Howard mentioned playing Artie's bits this week I thought he was blowing smoke up Artie's butt to make he feel better. As for Fred's undercover messages, who knows? I don't read much in to what music he plays.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
What the hell was with that TNA audio? Seriously. Unless it's something like the ticket fiasco even Bubba doesn't spend that much time on wrestling.

And Howard watches Dancing with the Stars, his opinion is invalid. :jj:

howards tv taste baffles me. he watches the bachelor, celebrity rehab, dancing with teh stars, and all that sh*tty reality tv. but doesn't watch the good shows like entourage, curb your enthusiasm, weeds, the wire, or dexter. that baffles me.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
so im just listening to mondays show now and i gotta say that how-weird rocks. for the past like 4 days ive been thinking about the whole artie thing and i assumed that it would be the first topic of discussion on mon. im now like 30mins into the show and not one artie mention. howard always surprises. this huge artie thing went down and howard does the show like nothings different at all. i really look forward to the little bits about artie we will get in the next weeks and months.

-jhdk

i got my dick out...im thinkin about you

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
NO way. Ellis is way too intense for the show. He needs his own show so he can do what he pleases. I think Howard would tell Ellis to calm the fuck down before long.
Exactly, it would be like oil and water. Ellis is, to borrow a Bubba phrase, "shot out of a cannon" and is a very dominant on air personality.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Artie's cumshot revelation could take at least an hour, if prepared correctly.

Ohh, good call - that was radio gold, and likely a true story, because there's no way homophobic Artie would make that up.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I think the biggest difference is that Howard is now accepted. Before he was married with kids hiding in his basement. NOw he is out at Nobu and parties in the Hamptons and might run into some of these people

He used to crush Regis. Did a whole bit about Regis not paying for his crippled son, and now they are neighbors. Kind of hard to rip the guy when you see him in the elevator.

It's changed how he does things.

He's older and I think we can all understand that there would be some change. I just think it's laughable to try to pass the show off as still being the same as it ever was. It's not. Howard just seems to want to live off his past accomplishments, today, and the show does not work in that way. It works in a different way, but never when Howard acts like he is still the King of All Media, then it just flops.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
howards tv taste baffles me. he watches the bachelor, celebrity rehab, dancing with teh stars, and all that sh*tty reality tv. but doesn't watch the good shows like entourage, curb your enthusiasm, weeds, the wire, or dexter. that baffles me.

My theory? I think he watches those shows because you can have them on and do other things and still know almost exactly what is going on. With the good shows you're pretty much committed to sitting and actively being engaged by them. Even on a DVR it's still looking for a commitment of your attention span for 44+ mins.

Howard used to watch Survivor, etc. on the reality front, but even that show and some other reality shows require more than just casual attention. With Survivor (which I have to admit, I am a big fan of), the second you watch it with it only being on in the background, you start to lose interest because the subtleties of the relationships get lost on the casual viewer.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
so im just listening to mondays show now and i gotta say that how-weird rocks. for the past like 4 days ive been thinking about the whole artie thing and i assumed that it would be the first topic of discussion on mon. im now like 30mins into the show and not one artie mention. howard always surprises. this huge artie thing went down and howard does the show like nothings different at all. i really look forward to the little bits about artie we will get in the next weeks and months.

-jhdk

i got my dick out...im thinkin about you

You definitely have a solid read of things, because more and more it looks like that is how it might play out. I am still concerned they just won't talk about Artie *at all* which I think would be nails in the Howard Stern Show coffin, but I'm hopeful for your theory, for sure.