B.B. King's Bluesville

siriusfan

Nov 5, 2008
This is one of the best channels on satellite. Once I start listening, I find it hard to switch off. Its costing me some sleep. ;)

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Xm 74

Fri 2/4 6:00 pm ET

This week B.B. and Bill start off by discussing some very important blues ladies: Dinah Washington, Little Esther and Etta James. Then, going back to his early years, B.B. tells us about his bus, “Big Red,†as well as the night life in Memphis and West Memphis. B.B. closes the show with a listener-question as he explains his reasons behind his heavy touring schedules.

Rebroadcast: Sat 2/5 2:00 pm ET; Sun 2/6 10:00 am ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
You and Me with B.B. King Discussing Three “Young Lions”
Fri 6/10 @ 6:00 pm ET
This week B.B. and Bill highlight three “young lions” of the blues who are particularly meaningful to B.B. The spotlight is on Joe Bonamassa, Jonny Lang and Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Next, Bill asks B.B. a few questions about various moments in his career including B.B.’s experience working on movie soundtracks as well as his collaboration with The Crusaders. The show wraps up with a discussion about the slide guitar as B.B. plays tunes by Ry Cooder and Bonnie Raitt. (1 hr) > Rebroadcast: Sat 6/11 2:00 pm ET; Sun 6/12 10:00 am ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
You and Me with B.B. King Features Favorite Blues Females
Fri 6/17 6:00 pm ET
This week B.B. features three of his favorite female blues artists: Big Mama Thornton, Big Maybelle and Janis Joplin. Next Bill asks B.B. about the various honorary degrees and awards he has received over the course of his career so far. B.B. explains how emotional some of those moments have been for him and how proud he felt, particularly the day when the state of Mississippi honored him with a concurrent resolution commending his career. To conclude the show, B.B. answers a listener voicemail from a surprise caller who is no stranger to Bluesville: Coco Montoya leaves a message asking B.B. to recount his memories about Albert Collins! (1 hr) > Rebroadcast: Sat 6/18 2:00 pm ET; Sun 6/19 10:00 am ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Happy 87th Birthday BB King!
Watch the excerpt of this conversation with B.B. King and Buddy Guy where they take us back in time to their early careers and discuss the struggles that paved their way. Hear more from B.B. King on SiriusXM's B.B. King's Bluesville, SiriusXM 70.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcbmqFdFVWU&feature=plcp]B.B. King Reminisces on SIRIUS XM Radio - YouTube[/ame]

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
B._B._King%27s_Bluesville.png

539069_10152720319495608_643139065_n.jpg

From Pat St John: The great Muddy Waters would have turned 100 on this 4/4/13, Lots of Muddy on my Blues show tonight, 6P-Mid ET Channel 70 on SiriusXM

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
1174637_10153195639715608_396090453_n.jpg

From PSJ:
Tomorrow (THURSDAY) I'm doing a very special show on Bluesville saluting John Lee Hooker on what would have been his birthday. Lots of his music by him and others doing "The King of Endless Boogie". During the course of the show, anecdotes about Mr. Hooker from my past guests Taj Mahal, Carlos Santana, Van Morrison, and Eric Burdon. (6p-Mid ET, Channel 70 on SiriusXM, Bluesville

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Buddy Guy with Pat St. John
Tonight @ 10:00 pm ET
Blues legend Buddy Guy stops into Bluesville to visit with his old friend Pat St. John to talk about his latest album “Rhythm and Blues,†working with Muddy Waters, and the state of the blues in the world these days. Rebroadcast: Thurs @ 10:00 am; Fri @ 7:00 pm ; Sat @ 8:00 pm ET

Listen to a track here: NPR Media Player

51myI%2Bfa0qL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Disc 1:
01. Best In Town
02. Justifyin'
03. I Go By Feel
04. Messin' With The Kid (featuring Kid Rock)
05. What's Up With That Woman
06. One Day Away (feat. Keith Urban)
07. Well I Done Got Over It
08. What You Gonna Do About Me (feat. Beth Hart)
09. The Devil's Daughter
10. Whiskey Ghost
11. Rhythm Inner Groove
Disc 2:
01. Meet Me In Chicago
02. Too Damn Bad
03. Evil Twin (featuring Steven Tyler, Joe Perry & Brad Whitford)
04. I Could Die Happy
05. Never Gonna Change
06. All That Makes Me Happy Is The Blues
07. My Mama Loved Me
08. Blues Don't Care (feat. Gary Clark, Jr.)
09. I Came Up Hard
10. Poison Ivy

On his new album, Rhythm & Blues, guitarist and vocalist Buddy Guy sums up his approach when he sings, "People always ask me / About the blues I play / I say it just comes through me / I don't know no other way / I go by feel." A few songs later, in "Whiskey Ghost," he trembles as he describes the nightly test of will with a common blues-culture demon. Then, working alongside Steven Tyler of Aerosmith in "Evil Twin," he rolls through Blues 101 tales of woe about getting tangled up with the wrong kind of woman.

There are 21 songs on this two-disc set of new recordings, and by the time it's over, Guy and his guests have visited just about every worn-out blues cliché. That would be tedious listening if he were a troubadour. But in his music, the lyrics are really just there to set the scene. The jolts start after the verses, when Guy begins to play. His guitar — a custom Buddy Guy 1989 Fender Stratocaster — is more than hot-wired. It sounds like it'll give you a blistering burn if you get too close.

Every time Buddy Guy steps out, even if he's just doing a quick ad-lib between lines, he delivers something profound. That guitar wisdom, dispensed so casually, is the element no producer or record executive can order up. Guy is among the last living links to Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf and other towering figures of the blues. And if you can't hear that in the slickness of the arrangements or the glitter from the celebrity guests, just be patient. The next guitar solo will come along in a minute or two, and then all that history will be inescapable.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Jonny Lang Live & Interview
Tonight at 8pm
The mighty Jonny Lang rolls into Bluesville to hang with his friend Pat St. John and talk about his latest album “Fight for My Soul” as well as play some smokin’ live tracks.

Jonny_Lang_FightForMySoul-300x.jpg

Songs you'll hear:

40 Days and 40 Nights
Red Light
Blew Up (The House)
What You're Looking For

1474423_10153624581915608_692410418_n.jpg

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
:music: Don't miss this- This guy can kill it on the fret board! Played with many greats over the years :rock:

220px-Blak_and_Blu.jpg

Gary Clark Jr Live & Interview
Wed 9pm
Blues guitarist Gary Clark Jr hits Bluesville for a live performance and a chat with the channel’s Tony Colter. Here some faves from Gary as well as a Jimi Hendrix cover and maybe even a snippet of Black Sabbath!

Replays: Thur Noon; Fri 9am; Sat 3pm

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
gregg_main_1b2.jpg

Former Deep Tracks host Pat St John has something special lined up for us tonight!

I'll spotlight almost two hours of Gregg, The Allman Brothers Band, and the artists who are coming together to salute Gregg tonight at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, when I begin my show at 6ET on Bluesville, SiriusXM 70 (for all those who are on their way to the show, or wish they were)... All My Friends

1601458_692297334134163_1291902715_n.jpg

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
1510950_400088923461615_791019513_n.jpg

THE DEVIL YOU KNOW: Join BB King's Bluesville celebrate the new album from Tommy Castro & The Painkillers "The Devil You Know." Starting in the 6pm ET hour today with Pat St. John, get a new song from the album every hour thru the entire weekend. Plus, we'll do it again this coming Tuesday which is the first day the album is available to the public. Congrats to Tommy Castro on another killer record!

01. The Devil You Know Tommy Castro & The Painkillers
02. Second Mind Tommy Castro & The Painkillers
03. I'm Tired Tommy Castro & The Painkillers feat. Joe Bonamassa
04. Center of Attention Tommy Castro & The Painkillers
05. The Whale Have Swallowed Me Tommy Castro & The Painkillers feat. Tasha Taylor
06. When I Cross The Mississippi Tommy Castro & The Painkillers feat. Tab Benoit & Mark Karane
07. Mojo Hannah Tommy Castro & The Painkillers feat. Marcia Ball
08. Two Steps Forward Tommy Castro & The Painkillers feat. Magic Dick & The Holmes Brothers
09. She Wanted To Give It To Me Tommy Castro & The Painkillers
10. Keep On Smilin' Tommy Castro & The Painkillers feat. Mark Karan
11. Medicine Woman Tommy Castro & The Painkillers feat. Samantha Fish
12. That's All I Got Tommy Castro & The Painkillers
13. Greedy Tommy Castro & The Painkillers

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
:music: Don't miss this- This guy can kill it on the fret board! Played with many greats over the years :rock:

220px-Blak_and_Blu.jpg

Gary Clark Jr Live & Interview
Wed 9pm
Blues guitarist Gary Clark Jr hits Bluesville for a live performance and a chat with the channel’s Tony Colter. Here some faves from Gary as well as a Jimi Hendrix cover and maybe even a snippet of Black Sabbath!

Replays: Thur Noon; Fri 9am; Sat 3pm
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqIKY8qfltg&feature=em-subs_digest]Gary Clark Jr. "Catfish Blues" // SiriusXM - YouTube[/ame]

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Bluesville is playing Don't Throw It Away from Keb Mo's new album Oklahoma. The song, which also features Taj Mahal, urges everyone in the world to stop polluting our planet and our oceans with plastic bags, plastic cups and plastic bottles. The lyrics mention "Leo B." That is Belgian-born inventor Leo Baekeland, who in 1907 created Bakelite, the first commercially available synthetic plastic. Look what he started! The video of Don't Throw It Away is a call to action:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Blues singer/guitarist Arthur "Blind" Blake was born in Florida and grew up in Georgia. In 1926, he moved to Chicago and launched a recording career. He recorded 79 songs for Paramount Records, which had been founded in 1917 in Wisconsin. Blake also played on recordings by Ma Rainey, Gus Cannon, Irene Scruggs, Blind Lemon Jefferson and other artists. When the label effectively went out of business in 1932 – it officially shut down in 1935 – Blake abandoned his music career and returned to Florida. He is believed to have died in 1933 at age 38 or 1934 at age 39. Bluesville just played his West Coast Blues, the B-side of Early Morning Blues. It was Blake's first 78-rpm single (Paramount 12387), recorded in August 1926. Here it is:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Bluesville just played Tyler Dow Bryant's Born In Texas, the title track of his first CD, which was released in 2006 when he was 15 years old. Yes, he really was born in Texas, in Honey Grove (population 1,700), known as "The sweetest town in Texas." Bryant began playing blues guitar and singing when he was 13. Born In Texas isn't on YouTube but here is Have I The Right. I think he sounds like Johnny Winter.