Baba Booey Ball(s) For Sale

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
Jay Thomas had a good time with you today talking about the ball. The Canadian caller had me cracking up.

Reactions: TSS Taylor

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
You gotta network those balls for bids!

Glad to see that the balls have made their rounds into peoples ears and eyes.

The more people that know, the better for the auction.

;)

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 5

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
$4,000 and climbing! The Sky is the limit, Mr. Taylor.

I wonder how many tire kicker.... um hummm... I mean watchers you have now.....

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I'm worried for you too...if you're now worried. I was fine when you were fine. I really wished you had set a reserve. :(
I'm most likely overthinking it. It's just hard to tell. There are currently 216 watchers on the Balls, which is a ton. I figure there are about 20-50 people actively interested in buying them. I just have no clue what their glass ceiling is for bids. Very confident about getting $8k but hard to tell above that. And this has had way more bids than the original auction that went to Gary's charity.

Reactions: blueneon36

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
You could also just bid on it yourself and pay the fee for having the auction in the first place if you don't like the price it's settling at. Heck, you SHOULD create a sock puppet just to bump the price up, just use a different IP address.:D

I'm kidding of course. Yeah...definitely kidding...not saying that seriously...nope.

Reactions: hyson

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm most likely overthinking it. It's just hard to tell. There are currently 216 watchers on the Balls, which is a ton. I figure there are about 20-50 people actively interested in buying them. I just have no clue what their glass ceiling is for bids. Very confident about getting $8k but hard to tell above that. And this has had way more bids than the original auction that went to Gary's charity.
Just think... 216 people are going to get reminder emails when the balls hit certain time marks. I hope you can get $8K, but man...............

You are gonna take a huge hit on the chin at that price. I am still hoping a bidding war ensues within the next 14 hours. I second the reserve price notion that was mentioned a few posts up.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
We talked about doing a reserve price, and I would have set this to be $8,000. But I learned when you set a reserve you actually get fewer bids and less $ for the item. But you do have insurance in a way. But with all the promotion we have done it would be odd if we set a reserve price and it wasn't met. Like I'd have to call H100 news and others and say, oh hey the ball is for sale again. And again. It looks bad.

The better alternative would have been we just listed the balls on our website for say $25,000 and someone could contact us if they were interested. Problem with that is there is no buzz and we might sit on our BALLS for a year or two.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
If it goes over 10k (and I'm sorry to say this) I'd be astonished.

I'm in the $7500 ballpark. But bro, seriously, I hope you get back at least what you dished out.

What he said. Auction ended at $5,100

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
No matter what you prove you are a jerk in most of your posts. Way to kick me when I'm down.

Welp, kicking you while you were down wasn't my intention, for what it's worth. I thought I was being pretty realistic with my auction estimate.

You took a BIG gamble and lost. Don't blame me.