Baby, it's cold outside!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It’s amazing how much snow has melted in the last couple of days.
last week there were drifts and piles more than 2’ high, and this morning I can see grass in a few spots. My patio and grill are clear. The forecast is calling for an 80% probability for grilling this weekend, with a strong chance of steak likely. That’s what’s happening in my neck of the woods.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Yesterday afternoon at my house was like I was being bombed. Every time a huge mass of fully saturated snow slid off the upper roof and onto a dormer roof, it sounded as if a truck just hit the house. And the snow that fell all the way to the ground created an earthquake that shook the house frame. Every time this happens, I'm thankful there were people who designed the house so that windows don't break, the siding and decks don't get damaged, and the pathways don't get blocked.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yesterday afternoon at my house was like I was being bombed. Every time a huge mass of fully saturated snow slid off the upper roof and onto a dormer roof, it sounded as if a truck just hit the house. And the snow that fell all the way to the ground created an earthquake that shook the house frame. Every time this happens, I'm thankful there were people who designed the house so that windows don't break, the siding and decks don't get damaged, and the pathways don't get blocked.
We get ice falling by our 8th floor windows. Sometimes it hits the walls and goes clunk. Startling when you are on the 8th floor and not expecting anybody outside.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Almost all our snow is gone. Just little bits where big drifts and piles from snowplows used to be.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Maybe a dumb question.. if you moved to a place with great weather (50s - 70s) all year, like Malibu, CA, would you miss the change of seasons?

Pretty sure I wouldn't...

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Maybe a dumb question.. if you moved to a place with great weather (50s - 70s) all year, like Malibu, CA, would you miss the change of seasons?

Pretty sure I wouldn't...
At one point, we thought San Francisco was the place for us to go. When you're in New England, you think a year-round mild temp would be great. But I'll never know.