Best & worst band names

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
@goreds2 I found this bit of trivia about BNL amusing (in orange):

Their rise to success began when songs from their demo tapes like “If I Had $1,000,000” and “Brian Wilson” began to receive radio play. Then an impromptu performance of “Be My Yoko Ono” inside Toronto’s Speaker’s Corner video booth aired on both CityTV and MuchMusic. However, it was when Toronto city officials decided BNL’s name was too offensive for their New Years Eve performance that they got massive national exposure, including the cover of The Toronto Star and mentions on national TV news outlets. Their self-released Yellow Tape sold 18,000 over the next month and would go on to be the first independent release to achieve platinum status (100,000 copies sold) in Canada.

Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
@goreds2 I found this bit of trivia about BNL amusing (in orange):

Their rise to success began when songs from their demo tapes like “If I Had $1,000,000” and “Brian Wilson” began to receive radio play. Then an impromptu performance of “Be My Yoko Ono” inside Toronto’s Speaker’s Corner video booth aired on both CityTV and MuchMusic. However, it was when Toronto city officials decided BNL’s name was too offensive for their New Years Eve performance that they got massive national exposure, including the cover of The Toronto Star and mentions on national TV news outlets. Their self-released Yellow Tape sold 18,000 over the next month and would go on to be the first independent release to achieve platinum status (100,000 copies sold) in Canada.

The mayor was mocked for that but it did make their career.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The String Cheese Incident

always sounded like a dumb band name to me
They're one of our local bands, they're alright but you really have to be into Jam bands to appreciate it. I had a few of their albums and they weren't horrible. I also used to work security at a hospital when they had one of their shows near by. All the fanbase brought in to the ER strung out on meth or weed (Before it was legal here as I recall).

Reactions: sadchild

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
On Alt Nation, I just heard a song by I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME. Yes, it's all caps. On the streaming app, there was only room for the first 3 letters of the song name. Dumb.
Stupidly awkward name. When they first came out, I thought I remember seeing them listed as IDK How But..... That's no better. It's still the name of a band that is hoping to be forgotten about.
Run for it Marty!
That's the only redeeming quality of it.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It’s kind of a fun little synth-pop number.
Stoopid stoopid name though.
I think Audio-Technica chose poorly to support them though. You can’t hear the vocals, and they are so autotuned, they could be singing into a soup can on a string and it would sound the same.
Catchy song though.