Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Better Call Saul keeps getting better and better. Tonight's episode was the best yet.

Sent from my Note 4
    JHDK and HecticArt like this.
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Indeed. It's going to keep getting darker. I was expecting it to be more of a comedy, but this is going to be better. It should hold the attention longer.
    JHDK and Ehilbert1 like this.
  3. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

saul is def way more of a comedy then breaking bad. i thought the episode was great too and im totally sold on the show now. i think this show is WAY funnier than orange is the new black and yet somehow that show wins all the big comedy awards when its really not at all a comedy.

also it was cool to see the ehrmantraut guy take down saul and then help him out with the cops later on in the episode. that bit was part of the original trailer for the show.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Jimmy continues to try to be a good man. It's refreshing to see a TV character with so much empathy. It's also probably very difficult to write. It's easier to write a believable selfish asshole, and easier to involve them in resolvable weekly episodic conflict.
    HecticArt likes this.
  5. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Ooooph. Not a good look for anyone involved. Doesn't have that intensity a new show should have. Maybe they can build it up but at first blush I feel bad for the crew. Move on.
  6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

this weeks ep was my fav of the series so far. man it was great to learn the details of mikes back story. if i remember correctly we knew from breaking bad that mike was a cop from philly with a shady past but that was it. cool to see it all go down. now i cant wait to find out how he becomes gus frings henchman. also, this was the least funny ep yet. the only hint of comedy was the one scene with saul. i like the jokey nature of saul but every now and then ill be very happy if they do eps like this.
    Ehilbert1 and HecticArt like this.
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

This week was great. That friggin Gilligan can wright a show.

It's cool to see how all of these people came up. I forgot that Gus can possibly come back. Gail could come back too.
    Ehilbert1 likes this.
  8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

3 episodes left!?!?!?!
    Bullshit!
    memebag likes this.
  9. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

It's already been renewed for season 2 and it's supposed to start before the end of the year.

AMC loves to split shows up. They did with Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Walking Dead.

Sent from my Note 4
    HecticArt likes this.
  10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

cool to hear its a go for season 2. last nights episode was another winner. the scene with mike breaking into the house was great.

its unfair to lump walking dead into the splitting up seasons deal. yes they do take a mid season break but they have been doing that since season 2 and its only a couple months. with both breaking bad and mad men they tried to split the entire final season into 2 completely separate seasons that are a year apart. in both those cases the creative people involved with the shows were not very happy about it.

as much as i hate it, i do kinda understand why they do it. its a good way to both make sure they have one of their hits to fall back on if their new shows fail and it keeps them in contention for awards much longer. when breaking bad won their final emmys it seemed like the show had been off the air forever and the same will go for mad men this time around.
    Ehilbert1 likes this.
  11. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I honestly have no problem with them breaking the shows up like that. It gives me a break.

I'm really loving this show though.

Sent from my Note 4
  12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I heard season 3 was ordered too, but I don't remember here I saw it.
  13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Am I the only one that's noticed that the intro theme song gets a few notes longer with each new episode?

And how about that farking Mike?

Season finale? WTF. They said 3 last week.
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

another fun episode. i cant decide what story line i like more, mike or jimmy. i see they burnt their 1 'fuck' for the year. im pretty sure i remember them saying during breaking bad that they got 1 per season. i didnt watch it on amc so its cool to hear them actually say it and not blank it out. always unexpected for a basic cable show. sucks there is only 1 show left. but it was a 10 episode season all along so who know what they said on last weeks promo.

ok...here i go with an amazing bit of nit picking. gilligan is always so great with paying attention to detail. there are easter eggs in each episode. thats why when i saw the at&t logo in the episode it stood out like such a sore thumb. when mike is in the garage with the other 2 guys waiting for the job to begin there is an at&t logo on the building in the background. this show is set in 2002. in 2002 the at&t logo was this: [​IMG] but in the scene the sign on the building was this: [​IMG] thats the logo they started using in 2005 and still use today. like i said i know this is a really geeky thing to point out but it was a downer for me to see them miss something that was so obvious to me from the minute i saw it.
  15. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  16. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

MeTV, one of my favorite channels, has Vince Gilligan and Bob Odenkirk doing bumps on shows picked by Vince Gilligan. They call it "Vince Gilligan's Island". They just talked about Peter Falk during a Columbo episode. I am ecstatic.
    HecticArt likes this.
  17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Last episode of Saul for the season is tomorrow.
    Will it be the one where he changes his name????
  18. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I bet it is. Hopefully the second season starts before the end of the year.

Sent from my Note 4
    HecticArt likes this.
  19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It's back!!!!
    I can't wait till next Monday.
    I'm going to try to binge my way through season 1 again if I can.
    JHDK and semipenguin like this.
  20. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

awesome! i didnt know it was back. amc coming in hot with the walking dead and saul both back in action in the next few days.