Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Almost forgot Better Call Saul returns tonight.

JHDK and HecticArt like this.
  2. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I just finished re-watching season 3 yesterday. What a great show.

JHDK, Wolf and HecticArt like this.
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It's on baby!
    I'm psyched.

More on this after the show.

JHDK and Wolf like this.
  4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

It has been nearly 14 months since finally returning and the first episode was pretty interesting. I don't want to give away anything yet, to me it seemed like they did a little longer flash-forward scene of what going on in his current life. I enjoy watching the Saul storylines but Mike and Gus are more interesting especially Mike. He was my favorite character on Breaking Bad.

5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

So far 6 episodes have aired and there only 4 left. Seems like this season is going fast and it's pretty good.

I do like how they are explaining and going behind the scenes of the cell phones and future meth lab under the laundromat.

Saul explained he only has 10 months left and he can become a lawyer again.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It's flying by.
    I'm guessing that things are about to get really crazy.

7. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I'm making a wild guess. In the next 4 episodes, they could fast forward a month or two.

They show the construction of the meth lab and Saul and Kim goes there separate ways. We see Saul build up his money to open up his own place in that shopping center.

8. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I just binged Breaking Bad again, then immediately started Better Call Saul again. I'm up to episode 8 in season 1. A couple of episodes back he met Gladys and saw the Alpine Shepherd Boy when he wrote his first will. She died this week, but Clarence finished college.

I'm in no hurry with this show. They can take all the time they want.

HecticArt likes this.
  9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I think that the Saul/Kim split might be one of the cliffhangers.

Wolf likes this.
  10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Amen. I want to savor it.

11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Glad you guys are liking the new season. Like I do with most shows these days, I plan to marathon watch it once all episodes have aired.

I'm kinda tempted to re-watch the old seasons first.

12. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

It's so odd that you and I did the exact same thing.

I haven't been watching BcS since the beginning but recently came across it on Netflix, so I watched the whole thing. After thinking about how the stories were linked, I had to rewatch BrBa - it's been years so I had to refresh my memory.

Both are genius.

HecticArt and memebag like this.
  13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I binged BrBa last Christmas break.
    I've been watching Saul "live" the whole way though.
    I'd like to rewatch it all from the beginning again.
    There's always a lot more going on than there seems.

JHDK likes this.
  14. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Heard this tune in Season 4 of BrBa and CAN NOT get it out of my head. Damn you, Walter White:

HecticArt likes this.
  15. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I have that album. It was the opening theme for Vikings.

hyson likes this.
  16. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Me too. It's the solo project of Karin from The Knife.
    upload_2018-9-18_10-28-34.png

memebag likes this.
  17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It was good this week.

But something seemed a bit off to me.
    I though that the way that Saul was treating Kim at the office party was a bit of a heavy-handed way to accelerate their pending split, that I'm guessing will happen at the end of the season.

And when did they plant the seed that he would start calling himself Saul while he was selling the phones? That seemed non-ceremonious for what should be a major pivot point for his character.

It seems like they are rushing to get things wrapped up in the next couple of episodes.

Wolf likes this.
  18. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Just finished watching it and the episode was alright.

When they did the split screen, basically showing looks like they were splitting up. I agree on the office party was a bit heavy-handed. At the end of the episode when Kim went shopping, I notice it was two of everything. Could she be quitting her current job and go work with Jimmy again?

I see it as he doesn't want to use his real name and using Saul Goodman as his criminal name. Plus he probably wants to get away from his brother last name.

They really rushed the 10 months, looks like he can practice law again and the progress of the meth lab. Who knows what the season-ending could bring? The appearance of Jesse Pinkman.

19. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Now that the season is over it's time for my marathon. I may go nuts and watch all the previous seasons leading up to the new episodes.

HecticArt likes this.
  20. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm planning on re-watching it all.
    I may have a little free time coming up.