Boombox

bentstrider

Dec 6, 2008
Well, I'm not currently driving a big-rig at this time, so I haven't been listening to any satellite for the past, 10 months.

It's just sad that all news regarding Sirius Boombox on google search is at least 6 months old.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Well, I'm not currently driving a big-rig at this time, so I haven't been listening to any satellite for the past, 10 months.

It's just sad that all news regarding Sirius Boombox on google search is at least 6 months old.

I never would have bothered with Slacker if they hadn't killed Boombox.
At least there are options.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Boombox was, by far, my favorite channel. I love Alt Nation and Sirius XMU and LIthium but Boom box was, for me, as good as it gets.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Boombox was, by far, my favorite channel. I love Alt Nation and Sirius XMU and LIthium but Boom box was, for me, as good as it gets.

Word. Boombox was why I picked Sirius over XM. I've found some decent stations on Slacker, but still haven't found one that's just as cool.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
Word. Boombox was why I picked Sirius over XM.

Same here. Boombox, then Howard when he came aboard. I believe that it is a victim of the new merged environment. Stations like Boombox stand out since they are programmed by a person who isn't stretched out among many other channels. They obviously didn't have room for a station like this since they could replace it by a station that can be one of many programmed by a single person or an 'easy to program' channel (single artist). Maybe a profitable SiriXM will have more room for a single channel with a dedicated owner/on air DJ.

LT programmed Boombox and the zeroes and ones weekly show on Alt Nation/LOC. Someone like Madison is working on many stations. I would expect to see programmers covering many stations too.

bentstrider

Dec 6, 2008
Word. Boombox was why I picked Sirius over XM. I've found some decent stations on Slacker, but still haven't found one that's just as cool.

They've got a breakbeat station on Slacker, but then they also tend to sneak one too many "Raver" hits to break the flow.

I want my electro-rock, mashups, and general breakbeats back!!!!!:mad:

Until then, it's endless digging through the mountains of crap that's it buried under on Slacker and lastfm .

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
They've got a breakbeat station on Slacker, but then they also tend to sneak one too many "Raver" hits to break the flow.

I want my electro-rock, mashups, and general breakbeats back!!!!!:mad:

Until then, it's endless digging through the mountains of crap that's it buried under on Slacker and lastfm .

Yeah, I still have the free Slacker account. It's tricky to customize a station dead on. I'll keep tinkering with it though.

I found one called Electronic Hits that is fair and one called Boombox v.2 that is fair as well. But so far I haven't stumbled on electro-rock and mashups.

bentstrider

Dec 6, 2008
Well, that Slacker substitute known as "Breaks/Drum'n'bass" seems to be sub-par due to them mixing some Area-material in with the tracks we were used to on Boombox.