Bowl Game Pick'em League

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
You and Madison Radio are kicking everyone's butts...:right:

Good luck in the Fiesta. You don't need it, but good luck anyway.

I got this from another thread, and I must say, this could turn out to be a good game. Ohio St might just be tired of being the BCS whippingboys. If Texas loses to Ohio St, and Oklahoma barely beats Florida, we may have another split national championship...:shock:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
You and Madison Radio are kicking everyone's butts...:right:

I don't know if I'll be able to hold some of you guys off. I've already used a lot of my high point picks. Still have my 34 and 33 pointers alive though...gotta win those games.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I got this from another thread, and I must say, this could turn out to be a good game. Ohio St might just be tired of being the BCS whippingboys. If Texas loses to Ohio St, and Oklahoma barely beats Florida, we may have another split national championship...:shock:

Yeah, it could be a good game. Anytime you have these month-long breaks between games, anything can happen. Teams usually come out flat and sometimes don't ever get in the groove.

But I think Texas is going to win, and win in impressive fashion. In fact, I'm VERY confident in that pick, if you know what I mean. Ohio State's defense will keep them in it early, but UT blows it open in the second half.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
A big thank you to the Iowa Hawkeyes. If it weren't for them, we would had to have seen that Penn State team from last night in the Nat'l Championship Game.

The Little Ten is certainly living up to its reputation. One win out of six so far for that conference, and I don't see them winning their last one either (Fiesta Bowl). And again Iowa deserves some gratitude, as the Big Ten would have been shut out if they hadn't beat South Carolina yesterday.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Congratulations semipenguin for being the only one of us to correctly pick Utah to win the Sugar Bowl.

Utah is good, Put that team in the Pac-10. :cool:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Congratulations semipenguin for being the only one of us to correctly pick Utah to win the Sugar Bowl.

Utah is good, Put that team in the Pac-10. :cool:

Thank you!...:D

I think they really need to be in the PAC-10, too. Utah vs Florida would have been a good game...:)
Posted via Mobile Device

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
stinker.gif

Texas Tech really stunk up the Cotton Bowl on Friday afternoon. But even though they played like crap, it was still a good time going to the game, and we got to see the last Cotton Bowl played in the actual Cotton Bowl. I'm thinking they might rename it next year to the Jerry Jones Bowl when the game moves over to his new 1.3 billion dollar playground.

Disappointing last three games for TTU (the Oklahoma loss, the narrow escape from Baylor, and the Cotton Bowl loss). But, 11-2 ain't bad. And Harrell to Crabtree in the Texas game was the play of the year.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
It will be nice to see Texas Tech do well next year. Having Oklahoma & Texas be the only two team to win the Big XII South every year is becoming a bore...:(

It's like Nebraska winning the North every year. I like seeing Colorado, Missouri, Kansas, & Kansas St all in the hunt for the north...:)

Who's that other Big XII North team? Something State?...:scratch:

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
It will be nice to see Texas Tech do well next year. Having Oklahoma & Texas be the only two team to win the Big XII South every year is becoming a bore...:(

Tech will be decent next season, but they won't have another top 10-like year. Losing Harrell, Crabtree, and three O-linemen is going to hurt. But Taylor Potts takes over at QB, and the 6-5 JR out of Abilene has a cannon for an arm.

Anyone remember Jeff Blake? The QB out of East Carolina, played for the Bengals and Cards (among others)? His son Emory, a 4-star WR, is coming to Tech next season. At least, I'm pretty sure he is. He's a "solid verbal commit" right now.

Last edited:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Elwood has taken a one point lead over me with one more game to play. It all comes down to the BCS Nat'l Championship Game...let's just hope we picked different teams. MadisonRadio is not out of it either.

RoadRunner

Oct 13, 2008
Both Elwood and AJ correctly picked Florida, but Elwood had more confidence in the Gators. My effort was pathetic, but the bowl pick'em league was great fun again.

Congrats, Elwood!

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital

It's like Nebraska winning the North every year. I like seeing Colorado, Missouri, Kansas, & Kansas St all in the hunt for the north...:)

Who's that other Big XII North team? Something State?...:scratch:

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm tired of the Big 12 south always winning the Big 12. and when's the last time Nebraska won the Big 12 North, 2004? We haven't won the big 12 since 2001.You've had a pretty long break. Get ready because I have a feeling Nebraska is gonna start winning the Big 12 North year after year again soon, just like it should be. Just hope we can knock of Texas and OU ever now and then.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I'll take solace in the fact that I picked the most games correctly...buuuut...congrats to you Elwood. You got me in the confidence points.

We will have to do this again once March Madness rolls around.