Box Office Predictions

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I been listening to some movie podcasts and every week some people like to predict the amount what the movie will make that weekend or top 5 movies for the weekend, why not try it here.

Only major movie coming out this weekend will be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows and next week big movies will be:

Now You Can See Me 2
    Warcraft
    The Conjuring 2

On this Rotten Tomatoes site link, it shows the up and coming movies showing in theaters soon.

Top Movies - Upcoming in Theaters | Rotten Tomatoes

Top movies of the weekend:

Weekend Box Office Results for May 27-29, 2016 - Box Office Mojo
    JHDK likes this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

My top 5 predictions and amount in millions this weekend will be:
    1. X-Men: Apocalypse - $35+
    2. TMNT - #30+
    3. Captain America: Civil War - $12.3+
    4. Alice Through The Looking Glass - $12.1+
    5. The Angry Birds - $10+
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    MadisonRadio1 likes this.
  3. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

no way xmen week 2 beats turtles week 1 when xmen only made like 65 with the long, memorial day weekend to work with. turtles will win the weekend.
  4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

what movie podcasts do you listen to wolf?

i really love 'the film vault' and 'cinemaddicts'.
    Wolf likes this.
  5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I mainly listen to:

Schmoes Know - Talk about movies, TV shows, games and whatever else

Screen Junkies Movie Fights - which 3 people go at it in 5 rounds and talk about all kinds of movies and fight and defend them each week.

Collider - Daily movie talk and once a week shows of TV, Star Wars, Horror, Comics and whatever else
    JHDK likes this.
  6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I heard quite a few bad and good reviews for X-Men, but TMNT is not in the same level on Apocalypse. Maybe TMNT could beat Apocalypse, but barely. I probably put to much money on X-Men and should guess more like $35+
  7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

dont forget the lonely island movie comes out this week too. im really looking forward to that. very few comedies get me to go to the theater but i think this will be one. if it could pull off something big like 10 million that would be great but its tracking at half that. the last lonely island movie, hot rod, totally tanked but never stop never stopping looks to have more mass appeal.

i got a soft spot for comedy music. flight of the conchords, garfunkel and oates, lonely island, tenascious d...all great!!!
  8. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

this is a cool thread idea wolf. i like talking about how much movies make and guessing what they will make.

Thumbup2:
    Wolf likes this.
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Come on I doubt that will even make the top 5.

With the podcasts, I listed above the credits are pretty accurate on there news and stuff. Today generations of people are not much into stupid comedies like that, hell I loved the first Zoolander, but I skipped Zoolander 2 and that totally bombed. The fans give it a 24% rating on rotten tomatoes and only made $28 mill in the US and hardly made money on opening weekend.

Like I mention, today generation of people are hardly into stupid comedy movies as they were successful in the 90's. That why Adam Sandler movies totally bomb now and he force to do his new movies on Netflix now.
  10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i wouldnt put this in the same category as current sandler movies. its at 81% on rotten tomatoes right now.
  11. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Thanks, I like to talk about this stuff. I try to talk to my family about this stuff and they are not much interested. I don't have much friends and my co-workers like to talk about it once in a while. I been searching other forums and it kinda hard to find this kind of stuff to discuss about. Those podcast and youtube shows are more on social media, but I work all day and don't have much time at night to discuss this kind of some stuff.
    JHDK likes this.
  12. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Of coarse it would probably start out strong, but once it airs. The tomatmoeter will probably drop fast like it did for Batman V Superman, which totally sucked to me.

The Tomatometer currently at for these films:

Batman V Superman - 27%
    TMNT - 30%
    Apocalypse - 48%

That why, I think X-Men will beat TMNT this weekend.
  13. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I'm not getting any of that money, so I don't care.
  14. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

So you're not a sports fan either?
  15. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

No.
  16. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Me Before You is my movie of interest this weekend. I say 11 million.

Locally in the Retro series, were going to see The Wrath of Khan. I'd like to see 30 in the crowd.
    HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  17. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

turtles starting at 7pm was able to rack in 2 mill almost tying the full day of xmen showings. turtles is def going to win the weekend. if it somehow loses to xmen it will be considered a major failure.

even though turtles movies blow its weird to me that i have 0 interest in these new movies. i LOVED the ninja turtles as a kid. they were right in my demo. the cartoons and movies all came out when i was around 10 or so and they were the best. normally nostalgia alone is enough to get me to see these remakes but the turtles is just so awful its not even worth a try.
  18. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

From boxofficemojo.com the top 5 for over the weekend.

1. TMNT - $35+
    2. X-Men - $22+
    3. Me Before You - $18+
    4. Alice - $10+
    5. Angry Birds - $7+

Well I was close on some of my guess. Civil War is not on the top 5 and I got Alice and Angry Birds right, but I guess over in the million projections. Looks like X-Men lost tons of money, while Turtles took first place. Didn't see Me Before You making the top 5.
  19. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

20. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

its stuff like that that leads to crazy people like trump having a 50% chance to be president.

i have no idea, nor do i care, what me before you is. i havent seen one trailer or billboard.