Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Mar 22, 2010.

1. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

At the end of the first half of this season, we saw the penny drop for Hank while he was looking for a little light reading material. At that point the end of the series was obvious: Hank will bring Walt down. Walt will get his comeuppance and Hank will be the hero. The show wasn't really about an amoral failure blossoming when confronted with his own mortality, it was about the seemingly loutish cop besting the luckiest man alive.

But that's not going to happen now. We won't get that kind of satisfaction. I have no idea what we will get, but it's looking far more bleak than I imagined.

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

What I'm imagining is more awesome!

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

And the countdown begins.

Jessie?
    The family?
    The money?
    The ricin?
    The Nazi's?
    Gray Matter?
    Walt???????

Lots of threads to wrap up in an hour.

4. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

It's kind of a big deal. This could very well be the last episode of the BEST show ever on TV. EVER.

My DVR has the episode at 1:15 and it's titled "Felina". God damn, can't wait.

5. sjam613

sjam613 Member

Can't wait but will be bummed when it is over.

6. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Should be a good one. I doubt anything will satisfy membag though. ;)

7. sjam613

sjam613 Member

Perfect ending for that show. From episode 1 to the end what a masterpiece.

8. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Yea it was great. I hate to see it go. Walking Dead in 2 weeks. Can't F'N wait!!

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Well done! MUCH better than the Soprano's!

I'll miss this show. The box (barrel) set looks cool as hell.

10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

It was OK.

11. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Memebag I know I don't know you personally but do you really enjoy anything? You seem like the type that doesn't go into a movie or watch a TV show for fun. I think you over analyze stuff. I go see a movie or watch a TV show strictly for fun. I know it's not real life. That's why I enjoying it.

It must take a lot to really impress you. That's cool though. It makes you really interesting.

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Forget it. Bags sucks. ;)

Come on, skinny Pete and Badger as the best hit men this side if the Mississippi? Awesome.
    Making the Gray matter folks take care of his family after taking Walts legacy? Killer.
    Jessie going all Princess Lea on the sociopath Nazi? Proper.
    ricin laced Estevia for the spineless prude? Fitting end.

It might not have been as wild of a show as many, but it was a good episode.

13. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Like I said, it was OK.

There's a whole thread in here devoted to what I love. I don't really get a choice about analyzing or over-analyzing things. My brain thinks what it thinks, same as anyone else.

14. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

15. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

16. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Crazy numbers. I don't get how it rose from episode to episode. It's not like you can catch up (hehe. Ketchup :D) unless you buy each new episode for season 5.

Netflix only goes up to season 4 :(

I'll admit. I haven't watched a single episode of season 5 until last night. But I've been reading about what's been going on.

It was almost anticlimactic how Walter went out. But he was cool & calm up until the end.

Salute!

Maybe more great shows will be aired on other networks besides the big 4 :)

17. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

The people running AMC got smart. Besides the Netflix deal they pulled a Walking Dead and replayed every episode in a row. AMC does that with The Walking Dead and they gain viewers every single year. In fact it had the highest ratings in the 18-49 demo. It beat out all shows on TV in that category.

That has never been done by a cable show. Plus it gets over 10 or 11 million every episode. That is what they did with Breaking Bad this year and it paid off big time.

'Walking Dead' Is Top-Rated Scripted Show of Season, in a First for Cable - TheWrap

I'm sure lots of people don't like it but their are lots of people that love it. It grows every year and every episode. Just like Breaking Bad started to do.

18. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I thought the ending was perfect. The writers for the Sopranos and Lost should be ashamed of themselves.

19. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

They had two seasons to work and rework the script.

Keep in mind, we saw Walt buying that large item at the beginning of last season.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  20. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Norm MacDonald's Twitter feed has some interesting takes on the finale. I also enjoyed the article posted in Grantland, some real fantastic writing on the episode.