Breaking news: Howard's company suing SiriusXM

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
The greedy bastard is going to bankrupt the company.
I hope so. Sirius should be put out of its misery. The shitty app Howard has been promoting doesn't even work on 3G networks while the other Internet radio apps work flawlessly.

Stern and Stern alone controls the satellite radio industry.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm surprised Langford didn't cover this but instead chose to cover Captain Janks for 500th time.

Your sarcasm has been detected.

Yes he constantly says Sirius treats him like the enemy - perhaps this is the major reason (the deal) why he is bitter

GOOD. His company treating him like the enemy?

If it mean's he's bitter.... Could Howard be back?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Boy there will be some backlash from this. Most of the people that were XM only hate Stern. Good find King!!!

Exactly. The Pests wouldn't listen to Howard if he was the only thing on satellite.

There were MANY people that went to XM to avoid Howard. Remember Hyundai signing with XM just because Sirius signed Howard? (Totally overlooking O&A and XM's own brand of "shock" humor?)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Yes. Remember how many of us were saying that Howard could not claim he brought 20 million subscribers to Sirius just because it inherited the XM subscribers, many of whom got their subscriptions by buying a car. Howard's line is that because of him, XM collapsed and he should be credited with those XM subscriptions even thought none of the subscribers signed up for Sirius. Sort of spoils of war. Would be ironic if Howard brought Sirius down by winning his lawsuit.

...Coming soon to Bubba Two afternoon drive on RadioIO.com

:D

Howard telling people to "drop the fuckin' tray." :rofl:

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
How is going to bankrupt the company? They'll just print more nearly worthless stock to give him :rofl2:

Thats a good one +1 for you!

I bet they settle this before it ever goes to court. Stern will get some cash and it will all go away. Just in time for 3 days a week and most of the summer off. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Thats a good one +1 for you!

I bet they settle this before it ever goes to court. Stern will get some cash and it will all go away. Just in time for 3 days a week and most of the summer off. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Agreed and don't forget Don's "consultant fee" as well.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Random related thought. I wonder if keeping the Best of Sirius / Beast of XM separate from each other had anything at all to do with this. Sirius has subscribers, XM has subscribers, and there are only a few that do the Best of deal. Just a curiosity. It's a lot of money, but not enough to sink the ship.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Read that whole darned thing. This has been bubbling under the surface for 3 years now. If the original contract language is as 'plain' in counting subscribers not just buying satellite for Stern, but overall, and if the extra provisions under any merger contingency aren't explicitly in Siriusxm's favor, then Stern and Buchwald will be getting a settlement. Sirius had no confidence they could buy out xm back in '04. If they can agree on sub totals for the years in question (07-09) at the very least, the XM haul post-merger will be a large stock payout for him.

Reactions: GoodDog

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
How is going to bankrupt the company? They'll just print more nearly worthless stock to give him :rofl2:

LOL That's true.....give him their monopoly money.

Seriously.....if Howard does win, or collect a big amount, how will the company recover the money?

They will have to raise sub prices, lay more people off, or both.

Not to mention when something like this happens, the stock price usually goes down. This company can't exactly afford their stock dipping again.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
Sirius didn't buy out XM. The two sinking ships merged and then got rescued by John Malone from bankruptcy.

Come on now.....you know it was because of Howard that XM collapsed. He just wants more marbles for "knocking it out of the park" four (soon to be three) days a week.

He was also rumored to be the driving force behind the Berlin wall's demise, as well.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I dunno what's gonna happen but some are speculating that Howard never really intended to do these next five years but I just don't see SiriusXM paying him to retire early.

jl1718

Oct 13, 2008
I dunno what's gonna happen but some are speculating that Howard never really intended to do these next five years but I just don't see SiriusXM paying him to retire early.
I can see the settlement know. Give me what you owe me for the rest of the contract so I can walk away.

Sirius: What about the people that work on the channel?
Howard: What people? What Channels?