BTLS 12/10/2010: Four hours left

Discussion in 'BTLS Archives' started by kryptonite, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

That show was one of those OH SHIT! moments that only comes around every once in a while in radio.
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Top Sirius quotes, in no particular order:
    1) "IN MY LIFE!" - Brent Hatley
    2) "JESUS CHRIST! WHAT THE EFF!" - Robin Quivers, when Artie attacked Teddy
    3) "I think you should give it to me now" - Robin Quivers, talking about Howard's contract
    4) "The very homosexual Richard Christy." - George Takei, 1/9/06
    5) "The very homosexual Sal Governale." - George Takei, 1/9/06

I know there's more.
  3. blueneon36

blueneon36 Active Member

Agreed. That show will live in infamy for many reasons.

I remember it started out bad, but simply because of Brent's Meltdown, the show became an instant classic.
  4. kryptonite

Ending the show with their version of "My Way."
  5. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

well thats that. im still disappointed lasker didn't make an in studio appearance before today tho.
  6. kryptonite

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  7. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Damn now I'm really sad.
  8. kryptonite

It's not that it's the end. It's the end, as we know it.

Still, it sucks. Hopefully, he'll be back somehow, someway, sometime.
  9. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Don't worry. As much as it nauseates me to say this, we'll very likely have more FM replays.

And hell, I like the FM show, minus a few parts, but given the medium not everything will be a home run. But after saying time and time again how shitty the FM replay deal was, to sign off on it again would be even more shitty. I don't particularly care about the replay either given that we'll have show downloads.
  10. kryptonite

IMO, the only thing that sucks about the FM show, and it's most of the show, is the seemingly never-ending cycle of news clips and emails.

If he could go back to the 2008-era FM show, that would be awesome, especially since i'm sure a lot of us missed those shows, due to listening to Howard.
  11. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Yeah, 2008 FM was damn good. And it's a shame a lot of people didn't hear those shows because quite frankly they were better than what was on Sirius at the time.
  12. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Recorded for weekend listening :)

So long, Bubber and thanks for all the fish. Hope you get something worked out.
    HecticArt likes this.
  13. kryptonite

So, for what could be the last time...

It was all a dream
    I used to read Word Up magazine
    Salt'n'Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine
    Hangin' pictures on my wall
    Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl

"Toys for TaTas, I guess we can really call it what it's supposed to be called, Toys for Tits." Replayed on Sirius next Saturday.

One thing that Bubba should do is release the "positioning statements" of the various people:
    "He's a brother who's a trucker..."
    "It's Full Trucker Effect, FTE Baby!... Lesbian style..."
    "Don't bother waiting for the translation, he loves you in a non-faggotty way."

One we haven't heard in a while: "From his mom's basement..." (Joe the Supermark)

They're all good stuff. I think I can do without the one that goes like this:

"The world knows him as the immortal..."
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

im just looking forward to getting all the actual info about the radioio deal. im pretty sure im gonna sign up, i just hope i can get the uncensored show downloads for somewhat cheap.
  15. kryptonite

One of the things that Bubba mentioned, which shouldn't come as a suprise was that Bubba was under strict orders regarding the "in some capacity" line.

I know he feels like crap over the whole deal, but hopefully we can eventually look back at the past two years as a minor setback.
  16. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

He's said it before. But people just ignore it and feel sorry for themselves and act like Bubba was out to fool them and fuck them over.
  17. kryptonite

Indeed. Sometimes, you just gotta do what you need to do in order to survive. I don't blame him for not doing two shows a day. That schedule must have been hideously brutal.