BTLS Uncensored Show Gone

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Unofficially, the writing was on the wall when they did away with the debriefing, although YMMV.

With Bubba being the control freak that he is, I can totally understand why he went to IO, but everything about it was bad timing. It was a fun ride, don't get me wrong, but Sirius and the "riding Howard's coattails to radio super-stardom" is probably the best fit for him.
Riding Howards Coat tails to radio super-stardom is the only way for his to be successful going forward. Has he seen all of the other "show" pay and staff cuts going on across the industry? He may not get another contract like his last one with Cox due to the state of FM Radio in general.

He should have took Sirius' "Chicken Shit" offer of $200K per year and just stayed on 101 while the iron was hot on the fire.

Pessimist: He's been "working on it" for quite some time.
Optimist: We'll know at a point between 12/18/2013 (Howard's assumed last show of the year) and 1/6/14 (first Monday of new year.)
The last thing I saw on Bubba's Twitter page was that he was flying into Snowy Indiana. Maybe he is going there to help Janie Cakes find a new home and at the same time, think about his future and possible Sirius Contract offer thats on the table? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Riding Howards Coat tails to radio super-stardom is the only way for his to be successful going forward. Has he seen all of the other "show" pay and staff cuts going on across the industry? He may not get another contract like his last one with Cox due to the state of FM Radio in general.

He should have took Sirius' "Chicken Shit" offer of $200K per year and just stayed on 101 while the iron was hot on the fire.

Based on what I've heard, the BTLS show seems to be "the show" in Tampa, and maybe even Florida. Of course, what "bad" ratings were back 10-15 years ago may be what "good" ratings are now...there's just that much more competition and it doesn't take a genius to know that the younger generation just doesn't listen to FM radio.

I think it was one of the last uncensored RadioIO shows when he basically admitted he should have taken that "less than one million a year for one day a week" offer. IMO, he needs to kiss Howard's ass and ride his coattails and just maybe, when Howard retires, BTLS gets a larger spotlight on SiriusXM.

The last thing I saw on Bubba's Twitter page was that he was flying into Snowy Indiana. Maybe he is going there to help Janie Cakes find a new home and at the same time, think about his future and possible Sirius Contract offer thats on the table? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
I thought Janie moved back a while ago? I also don't see why he'd have to go to Indiana to consider his future...then again, that's why the guessing game is so fun. He was also live this week on terrestrial. Then again, a live radio show hasn't stopped him from flying all over. He could have flown up on Friday early PM and left Sunday AM.

chewypgh

Jan 31, 2009
I thought Janie moved back a while ago? I also don't see why he'd have to go to Indiana to consider his future...then again, that's why the guessing game is so fun. He was also live this week on terrestrial. Then again, a live radio show hasn't stopped him from flying all over. He could have flown up on Friday early PM and left Sunday AM.
Bubba went to the PRI Trade Show in Indianapolis.

Performance Racing Industry - About the Show

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
man, I haven't listened to bubba since summer 2012, and have over a year's worth of uncensored shows downloaded. too bad it's gone, but I hear the on air lineup is really different now. no more tara, spice or brent.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
man, I haven't listened to bubba since summer 2012, and have over a year's worth of uncensored shows downloaded. too bad it's gone, but I hear the on air lineup is really different now. no more tara, spice or brent.

Yeah, the Tara experiment really didn't work. The whole awkwardness of it being his sister...It made for some interesting moments, sure, but overall?

Last I heard, it was Shannon Burke, Manson, Ned, Bubba and 25.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah, the Tara experiment really didn't work. The whole awkwardness of it being his sister...It made for some interesting moments, sure, but overall?

Last I heard, it was Shannon Burke, Manson, Ned, Bubba and 25.
Yep thats the lineup. Its getting slim behind the scenes.

Bubba should have taken Sirius' Chicken Sh*t offer in 2010.

How bad do you think he is kicking himself now?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Yep thats the lineup. Its getting slim behind the scenes.

Bubba should have taken Sirius' Chicken Sh*t offer in 2010.

How bad do you think he is kicking himself now?
I think he even said that. The fans would have revolted to get an extension of the 09-10 deal, but it would have been better in the long run.