Bubba gives Radioio Show details

Discussion in 'BTLS Archives' started by Chob, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

On cost:
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

With 2 hours a day, any intro will have to be super-short. No way people are going to pay for a 2 hour show that includes Jimi, a "previously on" segment, FTE, then an additional bit.

I wonder what he means by "existing BR subscribers." I would hope that anyone who subscribes to BR gets the audio on an archived basis, but you never know. "Existing" makes it seem like it's grandfathered in.
  3. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

That was my wording, not his.

And people won't have to pay for the first 90 days it seems, so the intro or lack thereof shouldn't make a major difference. Ballsy business strategy, but it could pay off with good sponsor $. And with the free period, can we put a moratorium on people that don't pay bitching about shit? :jj:

And the archived old material, I've been asking for something like that for 4 fucking years, so that's enough to convince me. :jj: I would like to see access to that old material as part of the Bubba Raw sub, but time will tell.
  4. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

sorry, but there's no way in hell I'm paying the equivalent of a sirius subscription for a 2 hour bubba show. lets be real.
  5. Chance00

Chance00 Member

Completely agree. Howard better come up with something of quality to fill the afternoon spot on 101.
  6. UncleScam

UncleScam Member

??

Sorry guys, I'm out of the loop here. Is Bubba not coming back to Sirius XM in 2011?
  7. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I don't think I'm going to pay $5 to $12 a month for a two hour show. If he takes off every Friday in the summer it might not be worth it. Plus Radioio doesn't even have a dedicated app for Android yet. I like Bubba and his show but I will really have to think about it. I will give the 90 day trial a chance and then decide.
  8. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

So this is 2 hours/day (5 days/week) of live, uncensored content? I'll definitely be doing the 90 day trial and would consider $5/month for that. Uncensored Bubba is awesome.
    Chob likes this.
  9. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

I'm finding less and less reasons to renew my sirius. besides a couple road trips this summer, I have hardly listened besides howard.

listen to music on my ipod, and I have been getting really into podcast which are free.
  10. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

yep, sign me up for this too
  11. blueneon36

blueneon36 Active Member

I think I will give it a shot for 90 days.

Uncensored Bubba for 10 hours a week is better than the current situation.

:bigclap:
  12. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

People need to remember it isn't just the 2 hours uncensored, but a 24 hr a day Bubba channel with a fuckton of old material from early Sirius all the way back to 98 Rock. Not to mention eventual spin off shows. And he's in the process of digitizing old tapes that Joe the Supermark owns because Clear Channel didn't keep complete Bubba shows, just Best Of clips.

He's basically building up a channel like Howard did, expect to see some radio/comedian friends of his and maybe his staff doing their own thing.
    The $13 sub is for audiophile quality and extra audiophile channels. The lower priced sub has advertising on the channels. $5 a month for Bubba and the rest of the service is not bad at all as far as I'm concerned.
  13. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I will definitely be looking into this!
  14. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

Can we rewind for Stern fans. Is this Bubba announcing he will not return to Sirius? Cause that is a pretty big deal.
  15. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Most likely, he won't be coming back. He's gotten no calls from Sirius XM and neither side looks like they'll be pushing the issue.
  16. Chance00

Chance00 Member

unreal.
  17. RDog

RDog Well-Known Member

Pardon my Howard-like ignorance, but how do you figure 24 hours of broadcasting works with someone like a Bubba channel(s) from a technical standpoint - does RadioIO have dedicated staff working 24 hrs. a day to make sure everything is running, etc.? Where are they based out of?
  18. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Thank your for the full on info. Now it doesn't sound so bad. Hopefully they will come out with a dedicated Android app. If not I'm not going to subscribe.
    Chob likes this.
  19. blueneon36

blueneon36 Active Member

I could see the BTLS Channel schedule initially going something like this:

6-10ish: The Bubba The Love Sponge show (terrestrial)
    10-12ish: The Bubba The Love Sponge Show (uncensored)
    12-2pm: Jabberjaw or rotating staff members show
    2-4pm: The 25 cent show
    4-8pm: The Hulk Hogan Show
    8pm-12am: The Bubba The Love Sponge Show (terrestrial replay jones)
    12am-2am: The Bubba The Love Sponge Show (uncensored)
    2am-6am: Bubba 199
  20. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

I looked at the sub prices again and think his numbers might be off. $10 a month is what the Audiophile sub goes for. Either that or they're changing sub plans. Maybe something to include show/bit downloads.

Internet Radio | radioio | The Best in FREE Internet Radio - Subscribe

Regardless, it looks like one of those deals where if you sign up for a year in advance, you save money.