Bubba - RadioIO a big mistake

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Bubba wants his show on cell phones via RadioIO, but according to their web page:

To properly use our site you will need to have the latest flash player installed. If you have problems listening to our streams Please go to rich Internet applications | Adobe Flash Player choose the Get adobe Flash player option

So that eliminates just about every iPhone running safari and every Android running Opera Mini........

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
I hope they get the bugs out. I can't connect today for anything. I heard about 10 minutes of the show. Can't connect now.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I hope they get the bugs out. I can't connect today for anything. I heard about 10 minutes of the show. Can't connect now.

Same here, man.

This has been my frustration over the past few days.

I want to listen so bad, but I cant access it at all. At times, RadioIO.com is completely down so you can't even bring up the website.

Its gonna take bandwidth the size of Alaska to get everyone on board next Monday...

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
Another bizarre occurrence. The feed will actually stop. You have to go in and hit play again. It isn't a drop. The feed stops itself.

Nevertheless, it's good hearing Bubba again. I can't wait for the uncensored show.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
You should also be able to go to radioio.com on your smartphone and it will redirect you to their mobile site or just go to m.radioio.com. Still having trouble getting that running on my Blackberry, but they say an app is coming for all platforms. I've tried the io2go app but it doesn't appear to include BTLS channels yet. It's only two days in, so I'll give them some time. I'll also probably redirect the money I was going to give Sirius for Internet streaming and buy a radioio subscription to hear the exclusive Bubba show. Hopefully, they'll have it downloadable by the time we have to start paying.

I went from 10 hours of content a day to 5 with this new change. It's not making me feel the value of Sirius like I once did. And we still haven't gotten through the 1st week, so there's still the possibility that Howard might not work Thursday...

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
For Android Platform, I have found a fix for the radioio streaming issue.

Go into browser,menu,settings,and uncheck "mobile view".

Then, go to radioio.com, click on the BTLS live show link and BOOM! you are in like flynn!

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
01/05/2011. It's 12:18pm and I am getting best of's. Is anyone else hearing today's replay?

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
^ The show did come on around 3:00ish. Hopefully the kinks are still being ironed out and this isn't a day to day thing.

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
I must admit. The show is pretty good. It has all the makings of the old 2006 shows (censored so far).

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Todays Tuddle Paintball challenge was awesome radio.

Bubba didn't stop firing at Tuddle until every paintball gun was out of Co2.

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
I missed it. I was on a teleconference with our customer at work. I'll have to catch it on the replay tonight.

I should have just patched the audio into the phone.:eek:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
just signed up for the free io account. doubt ill listen but i thought id have to give them my info sooner or later. now lets get on to jan 10th. has bubber talked at all lately about announcing the uncensored show info?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
just signed up for the free io account. doubt ill listen but i thought id have to give them my info sooner or later. now lets get on to jan 10th. has bubber talked at all lately about announcing the uncensored show info?

It starts at 10:30 AM ET, and goes for either 90 minutes or 2 hours... I forget. It is, obviously, uncensored, and apparently the only thing off-limits will be illegal activities.

(No, they're not going to lethally inject Pantera as some sort of "Pantera Drug Gimmick Challenge." :p) However...we will shock the puss on Monday.

Apparently, there are two channels. I know i'm probably wrong, but I think:
Bubba 1 will have the FM show live(?) and will have it on a replay basis.
Bubba 2 will have the uncensored show, various spin-off shows such as Wives of the BRN and the Brent Hatley Conspiracy Show, and various other things.

The channels will be free for 90 days. After that, there'll be two options. Apparently, the most-expensive option is around $12 a month, and also gives you permanent download options. I have heard numerous times that a BubbaRaw subscription gives you access into "Bubba Two."

Either way, there needs to be a FAQ.

The only thing sucking so far is the bleeps on the RadioIO replay. They need someone who can go through and doctor it up. If this is what FM radio is like with all these beeps and burps, i'm glad I dumped FM radio.

Chance00

Oct 15, 2008
Chicago
Bubba mentioned today that he's going to talk to Tom Bean about an early bird special that would make a radioio sub "about 20 bucks for the year".