Bubba's New Terrestrial Home- 98.7 Fm Tampa

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Bubba debuted on 98.7FM WHFS Tampa yesterday morning at 6am. Bubba's show will be replayed 24 hours a day for 30 straight days before that station has a format change. There might be a chance that Bubs moves to a new frequency on the FM band before then as well, as 98.7 WHFS has a weak signal.

About halfway through the Monday show, he called up Cowhead to stir up a radio war.

Cowhead kept calling 25 an "underling","intern", and told Bubba that he is desperate for listeners, old, washed up, and a hack. He also exposed Ned as being fake, which is old schtick.

Cowhead obviously potted him down, and towards the end of the call, Cowhead hung up on 25 as he was asking Mr. Calta to back it down a few notches.

Today's show was all about Bubba continuing his "Bury the Bone" campaign by disecting the Cowhead interview and explaining his side of the call from yesterday.

So far this week, its been good radio. I love a good old fashioned radio war. The best part is that Lasker and Jabberjaw will be returning this Thursday, handing out "Bury the Bone" T-Shirts in the Shopping Plaza next to the Cox Building. I can't wait to listen to hear what Cowhead does about that.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
The shopping plaza bit was a success. Bubba expected a couple hundred people and printed about 150 shirts.

1,000 people showed up. Bubba was pounding his chest in victory and called Cowhead 2x during the show today. Cowhead refused to pick up the phone, even after saying during the Bubba Burial on Monday that he would always pick up the phone for Bubba.... Ned (or fake Ned, per Cowhead) had a new parody bit for Cowhead called "Ima F**k with you!" based off the song IDFWU by Big Sean.

I have to admit, the show today was about as entertaining as I ever remember it being, even compared to when Bubba was in the middle of his Sirius Meltdowns. Too bad the Cowhead burial is coming to an end soon. I was enjoying this war. It makes for compelling radio.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Bubba debuted on 98.7FM WHFS Tampa yesterday morning at 6am. Bubba's show will be replayed 24 hours a day for 30 straight days before that station has a format change. There might be a chance that Bubs moves to a new frequency on the FM band before then as well, as 98.7 WHFS has a weak signal.

About halfway through the Monday show, he called up Cowhead to stir up a radio war.

Cowhead kept calling 25 an "underling","intern", and told Bubba that he is desperate for listeners, old, washed up, and a hack. He also exposed Ned as being fake, which is old schtick.

Cowhead obviously potted him down, and towards the end of the call, Cowhead hung up on 25 as he was asking Mr. Calta to back it down a few notches.

Today's show was all about Bubba continuing his "Bury the Bone" campaign by disecting the Cowhead interview and explaining his side of the call from yesterday.

So far this week, its been good radio. I love a good old fashioned radio war. The best part is that Lasker and Jabberjaw will be returning this Thursday, handing out "Bury the Bone" T-Shirts in the Shopping Plaza next to the Cox Building. I can't wait to listen to hear what Cowhead does about that.

Lasker and Jabs back for a one-off or permanently? How 'bout dat!

Jabberjaw was entertaining.

Hopefully his Thursday show will pick up again, even though I always keep forgetting about it. It's a shame he can't figure out how to come back to Sirius, if only a replay willy. (Even though it probably wouldn't be on Howard 101...all tapes, all the time.)

Reactions: blueneon36

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Here was what Bubba put together today after the show.

A 1-2 buckle my shoe of #dirtfootmorons parading around the Cox Building with their middle fingers in the air.

I think The Bone is in trouble. I can't wait to see the next ratings book.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
this is from the cowhead show where bubba was on the phone. its pretty much a cluster fuck of bubba trying to talk but its cowheads show so he clearly has the upper hand due to control of the board.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
"I won't hide from you. I'll always take your call."

"I am not little buddy, I am VERY big. I am tough. I'll punch you in your fat face."

That was Cowhead on Monday. Tuesday, Bubba had 689 t-shirts to print from the gathering at Goodfellas and attempted to call Cowhead Multiple times.

The rest of the week, it was Bubba Jaws, #LOOKOUTYOURWINDOWBITCH, and #ANSWERTHEPHONE.

Great Radio.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
radio wars like this are great. i need to start listening to bubba regularly again. this stuff is fun.

also besides bubba talking about him i have no idea who cowhead is and i dont care. im with bubba on this one. however, the description of the video i posted is pretty funny. even if its just a cowhead mark bashing bubba.

Published on Jan 5, 2015
Bubba the Diabetic Dirtbag just can't let it go. Neither can he speak for himself apparently. View this historic verbal ass-whipping as it unfolded live on air on WHPT 102.5 the Bone. After watching this, you might ask yourself what would motivate a washed-up irrelevant broadcaster to even risk calling Mike.... We think he may have taken his hot tub time machine back to 90's schlock jock radio land and forgot it was 2015. R.I.P. BTLS ; )

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
FMQB: Radio Industry News, Music Industry Updates, Nielsen Ratings, Music News and more!

WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO NOW COWHEAD? THE JOKES ON YOU, BUDDAY!

He may have gotten Bubba Fired from 102.5 The Bone, but look at Bubba now with an ENTIRE STATION named after him. This is amazing. I don't think anyone has done this type of radio before.

I have been rocking the new WBRN Bubba 98.7FM all day and haven't switched to Slacker or Sirius for once.

I think the Beasley's have hit a home run!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
FMQB: Radio Industry News, Music Industry Updates, Nielsen Ratings, Music News and more!

WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO NOW COWHEAD? THE JOKES ON YOU, BUDDAY!

He may have gotten Bubba Fired from 102.5 The Bone, but look at Bubba now with an ENTIRE STATION named after him. This is amazing. I don't think anyone has done this type of radio before.

I have been rocking the new WBRN Bubba 98.7FM all day and haven't switched to Slacker or Sirius for once.

I think the Beasley's have hit a home run!

holy shit thats amazing. so that article says bubba has total control of the station. and it seems like hes going to make it into what i remember howards wysp in philly being. bubba in the morning and awesome rock with some hip hop the rest of the day. this sounds really cool. i hope bubba is able to get the ratings to make this a success.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
holy shit thats amazing. so that article says bubba has total control of the station. and it seems like hes going to make it into what i remember howards wysp in philly being. bubba in the morning and awesome rock with some hip hop the rest of the day. this sounds really cool. i hope bubba is able to get the ratings to make this a success.

Bubba has total control. WBRN calls, named after Bubba Radio Network. No commercials from 10a-12p, Manson from 12-3, Ned 3-7, 25 Cent from 7p-12a and the BTLS show replay from 12a-4a is the schedule. I swear that I can listen to this station all day long. I had it on all day at work today and never felt the need to change it, even during the commercials. I was curious as to what song would play next.

For comparison, we have Bob 96.9FM in Pittsburgh. "BOB plays anything" is their moniker, but they play mostly pop songs and the same old rock crap that WDVE 102.5FM plays over and over again like a broken record. WDVE is #1 with their 40-year running rock format and BOB is usually Top 5. WXDX-FM (Howards Clear Channel station here at one time) plays Alternative Rock music, is Top 10 and its the same 10 songs bashing you over the head again and again. When Howard left, I went with him. I haven't listened to FM Radio here since 2005.

Bubba's Format of we play anything could be classic rock, active rock, alternative, old school hip hop, country.... as long as it doesn't suck, it will get played. Any song that he deems suck worthy gets removed from the playlist. On day 1, Pink Floyd's "Money" and Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" were removed by Ned (Manson). Heck, even the listeners get to have a vote on what gets removed from the playlist. Its an awesome concept and there is no doubt the format will be #1 in Tampa in no time.

This could be the shot in the arm that the Terrestrial Radio Industry has been looking for since Howard practically destroyed it.

The Bone, Eagle, and all other Cox Properties in Tampa will be getting mushroom stamps on their chins over this. Cox should have paid Bubba $15 Million to take 2 years off like he requested. It would have been in their best interests to do so.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Here in Michigan, we have another station with the WBRN call letters in Big Rapids. It's a news-talker with Rush and most of the other angry old white men who hate Obama.

By law, there can be another WBRN, as long as it's on FM and it's technically called WBRN-FM.

Bubba 98/7 sounds awesome. I think Sirius is crapping themselves for the way they treated him.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Here in Michigan, we have another station with the WBRN call letters in Big Rapids. It's a news-talker with Rush and most of the other angry old white men who hate Obama.

By law, there can be another WBRN, as long as it's on FM and it's technically called WBRN-FM.

Bubba 98/7 sounds awesome. I think Sirius is crapping themselves for the way they treated him.

bubba talked about that on mondays show. he said that the legal people were working it all out with that michigan station and gave the impression that he would take the wbrn and i guess that station would change the call letters or do -fm thing. but we will see what actually happens in the next few days.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Bubba has total control. WBRN calls, named after Bubba Radio Network. No commercials from 10a-12p, Manson from 12-3, Ned 3-7, 25 Cent from 7p-12a and the BTLS show replay from 12a-4a is the schedule. I swear that I can listen to this station all day long. I had it on all day at work today and never felt the need to change it, even during the commercials. I was curious as to what song would play next.

WHY THE HELL IS THIS NOT ON SATELLITE? ARGH!

OTOH...as said elsewhere, let's see what Manson feels like in a few months. If he's live from 6-10 then again from 12-7...that's gotta be painful.

But four hours of Ned every afternoon? Ned drops a load all over your drive home! OH GAWD!

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah... There is no way that 25 Cent does 7PM-12AM and then is back in the studio at 4:45am to prep for the show. Every air shift except the Bubba the Love Sponge Show is voice tracked.

The WBRN calls were purchased from the station in Michigan. Bubba said that Bean has the signed paperwork to change the call letters and it was agreed to by the station who is giving up the calls.

Kryptonite, I agree. Sirius is missing out big time with this new format. Now that Bubba has a 15 year deal Willy with Beasley, his chances of ever coming back to Sirius have effectively been squashed. So have the chances of Bubba ever doing another Uncensored Show on RadioiO. I think its safe to say that we can lock that in.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Kryptonite, I agree. Sirius is missing out big time with this new format. Now that Bubba has a 15 year deal Willy with Beasley, his chances of ever coming back to Sirius have effectively been squashed. So have the chances of Bubba ever doing another Uncensored Show on RadioiO. I think its safe to say that we can lock that in.

even though bubba would mention sirius every now and then and say they were in talks i never thought hed be back. i am bummed that his radioio deal seems to be pretty much over. i really enjoyed his uncensored shows. all this news has re peaked my interest in bubba and i am listing more than i ever have since sirius, so i guess thats all that matters for bubba, but i will very much miss the io uncensored shows.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
RE: WBRN - Like I mentioned, the WBRN in Big Rapids, MI can keep their call sign - which they've had since 1953 - but the WBRN in Tampa could use the call sign as long as it's WBRN-FM. Also here in Michigan, the CBS-TV affiliate in the western UP is WJMN-TV 3 and there's a WJMN-FM in Boston (WJMN-TV was once owned by CBS and is now O&O by Nexstar while the radio station is owned by iHeartMedia, FKA Clear Channel).

There was a WBRN-FM in Big Rapids, but it became WWBR in 2005. That station is 100.9 Big Country.

I don't know if FCC-assigned call letters can be trademarked, but from the sounds of things, Bubba wants to "own" the WBRN call sign. If so, he would have to pay some $$$ to help the Big Rapids station rebrand, such as create a new logo, website, identity, etc.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
RE: WBRN - Like I mentioned, the WBRN in Big Rapids, MI can keep their call sign - which they've had since 1953 - but the WBRN in Tampa could use the call sign as long as it's WBRN-FM. Also here in Michigan, the CBS-TV affiliate in the western UP is WJMN-TV 3 and there's a WJMN-FM in Boston (WJMN-TV was once owned by CBS and is now O&O by Nexstar while the radio station is owned by iHeartMedia, FKA Clear Channel).

There was a WBRN-FM in Big Rapids, but it became WWBR in 2005. That station is 100.9 Big Country.

I don't know if FCC-assigned call letters can be trademarked, but from the sounds of things, Bubba wants to "own" the WBRN call sign. If so, he would have to pay some $$$ to help the Big Rapids station rebrand, such as create a new logo, website, identity, etc.

Heck, they could probably just keep the same website...just update with new logos, etc. But yeah, I see what you mean.

FWIW, there's a station in Columbus, WBNS-AM. The sister station is WBNS-FM. They're largely both ESPN radio but have local sports "inserted" into the day/night as appropriate. The FM-2 digital subchannel is ESPN radio 24/7.

I can easily see a combination of live morning shows, voicetracking and basically putting RadioIO on autopilot until that contract ends...although BTLS really could benefit from an uncensored format. (Unless I have that wrong. I'd like to see RadioIO continue.)

And does anyone know what happened to the old studio? Do they still use it?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
ive been listening to bubba for the past 2 weeks now and im really enjoying the show. this is the first time ive listened daily since sirius. i used to listen to the radioio uncensored show when shannon burke was one of the co hosts. they just mentioned burke on this firdays show and i was wondering if anyone here could fill me in on what when down with him? it seems that he left the show on bad terms. thanks.