Bubba's New Terrestrial Home- 98.7 Fm Tampa

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
So does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on with RadioIO? Once again, I listened on Thursday during what should have been the uncensored show and it was the Manson and Donna Hour.

chewypgh

Jan 31, 2009
So does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on with RadioIO? Once again, I listened on Thursday during what should have been the uncensored show and it was the Manson and Donna Hour.
Bubba said that in general he won't be doing an uncensored show on Thursdays anymore. He's just "too busy." He may do an occasional show on a Thursday when they have a stunt planned such as the Super Mexican Olympics (Cinco de Mayo) or strapping fireworks to Tom the Treeman (July 4th). Then they would chop up the show to rebroadcast the next morning.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Bubba said that in general he won't be doing an uncensored show on Thursdays anymore. He's just "too busy." He may do an occasional show on a Thursday when they have a stunt planned such as the Super Mexican Olympics (Cinco de Mayo) or strapping fireworks to Tom the Treeman (July 4th). Then they would chop up the show to rebroadcast the next morning.

Yeah... :(

I said before, and I stick to it, that I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to ride RadioIO out and then be able to focus on WBRN full-time willy.

If he wants to do an uncensored deal, he'll still have BubbaRaw (for whatever good that is these days.) And whatever happened to the Clem Gym? I remember going on the live feeds of those webcams.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
RadioIO is finito, save for specialty programming. You can take that to the bank. He will be focusing on burying Calta and then keeping WBRN at #1 for a long time to come. A well paid 15 year deal with incentives for hitting certain targets is probably why he has 0 enthusiasm to continue with the uncensored gig.

BubbaRaw is also going away in favor of the Bubba Army Youtube Channel. The Clem Gym is still around, but Bubba hasn't been there in a long time. He did mention it briefly a few weeks ago, and how he had to get back there, but quickly moved on from the topic. After the videotape scandal he was involved in, you can bet that the camera that was there has since been turned off for good.

Sirterp

Oct 17, 2008
RadioIO is finito, save for specialty programming. You can take that to the bank. He will be focusing on burying Calta and then keeping WBRN at #1 for a long time to come. A well paid 15 year deal with incentives for hitting certain targets is probably why he has 0 enthusiasm to continue with the uncensored gig.

BubbaRaw is also going away in favor of the Bubba Army Youtube Channel. The Clem Gym is still around, but Bubba hasn't been there in a long time. He did mention it briefly a few weeks ago, and how he had to get back there, but quickly moved on from the topic. After the videotape scandal he was involved in, you can bet that the camera that was there has since been turned off for good.
Radioio music is now only available to business subscribers.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Wow. RadioIO for business subscribers only? At that point, I will just listen to Slacker, Pandora, or my Sirius App for free.

This just goes to show you how far RadioiO has fallen. Some of the music channels on iO were ok at best, but no where near the level of the other services out there.

chewypgh

Jan 31, 2009
Yeah... :(

I said before, and I stick to it, that I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to ride RadioIO out and then be able to focus on WBRN full-time willy.

If he wants to do an uncensored deal, he'll still have BubbaRaw (for whatever good that is these days.) And whatever happened to the Clem Gym? I remember going on the live feeds of those webcams.

Live uncensored show on RadioIO this Thursday. They are putting leeches on Tuddle.

Reactions: blueneon36

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
According to Bubba, someone blew in a call to the medical supply company and they won't sell the leeches for a "radio stunt". So tomorrow they are gonna put Tuddle in the rat coffin.
I guarantee it was a mole on Bubba's staff that reports back to Calta. That sucks! I was sooo waiting to hear this audio candy of leeches on Tuddles back. Oh well.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

Seriously here...what do you get? The archives (which I had a TON of BTLS, Mad Monkey and Local 488 shows downloaded before my computer crashed), and the taped stuff they play according to the posted schedule and anything else? It seems all the live shows have shifted to the FM station and it seems THAT stuff is a lot of voice track willy.

....as the live FM show was ending, they plugged BubbaRaw. Ned and Bubba started the FM show in true FM fashion. :)

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
11:09...a song we haven't heard in a while. I wonder if they're paying royalties for it.

r2d000730_762x458.jpg

chewypgh

Jan 31, 2009
Here's an email I got from RadioIO...

Hello

I am writing to you about your radioio subscription account. As you may have noticed Radioio.com has ceased to provide consumer music. If you were a consumer listener we ask that you please log in to your account and cancel your subscription prior to its renewal. Radioio will not be providing consumer music in the future. If you are a Bubba listener your subscription will continue without interruption.
If you have questions please let us know.

RadioIO, Inc.
Customer Care
CustomerCare@RadioIO.com
1.800.884.8634 x718

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I see the other talk stuff isn't listed as well. It's sad that the sky really was the limit. I remember they were gonna get Joe the Super Mark's tapes and upload that content.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
ARGH! Missed it....what'd I miss?

I gotta start making this a habit again.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
ARGH! Missed it....what'd I miss?

I gotta start making this a habit again.

The only thing you missed were 2 Tuddle Challenges. 1 was the rat coffin and the other was the Blue Crab Coffin. The Blue Crab Coffin was much much better than the rat coffin. They put little mice in there pretty much with him so it sucked.

The other interesting thing that has happened recently is that Bubba was dropped off of the Wolf 103.1 in Orlando, and it had nothing to do JVC, the company who bought that station recently. Basically, Russ Rollins and others in the Orlando market got advertisers to not buy Bubba at all. That tied JVC's hands and they dropped him there as of Monday.

Its a crappy situation for Orlando listeners. I will say though that Bubba 98.7's music selection is AMAZING. I find myself listening all day at work. Executives in terrestrial radio all over the country should be paying attention to this, because this format works.....

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The only thing you missed were 2 Tuddle Challenges. 1 was the rat coffin and the other was the Blue Crab Coffin. The Blue Crab Coffin was much much better than the rat coffin. They put little mice in there pretty much with him so it sucked.

The other interesting thing that has happened recently is that Bubba was dropped off of the Wolf 103.1 in Orlando, and it had nothing to do JVC, the company who bought that station recently. Basically, Russ Rollins and others in the Orlando market got advertisers to not buy Bubba at all. That tied JVC's hands and they dropped him there as of Monday.

Its a crappy situation for Orlando listeners. I will say though that Bubba 98.7's music selection is AMAZING. I find myself listening all day at work. Executives in terrestrial radio all over the country should be paying attention to this, because this format works.....

Yeah, I heard the rat coffin bit. It was odd because they've done stuff like that before and I kept expecting them to come back to the studio after the bit, but they kept playing old bits and after a while, I gave up.

As long as the terrestrial show is on internet, Bubba wins either way, FM or not.