Can We Have A Portal Back?

Discussion in 'DRC Site Feedback' started by Jon, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

It'd be a lot easier to keep track of posts (along with birthdays) if they were posted on a portal on the front page of the site, as opposed to going right to the forums and finding nothing.
    JHDK and semipenguin like this.
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The birthdays are available on a plug-in that, if I remember right, isn't compatible with the our backbone. I looked over Christmas, and didn't see an update, but can check again.

I can check on the portal. I use a link to get to the site that brings me to "Unread Posts" so I can see what's happening without having to browse. I read them all pretty pretty easily that way, but I do miss the birthday notices by jumping in there.

XenForo doesn't offer the same interface options as Vbulletin. Since they XenForo programmers were former Vbulletin developers, I think they made a conscious effort to make them look different.
    JHDK and semipenguin like this.
  3. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I still kinda wish we were still on VBulletin, I knew what to do there and we had a portal.
  4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Just go to "New Posts". You will see all of the new posts.
  5. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

But no birthdays, and I'll see posts I don't want to see (Howard Stern, Bubba, Sports, etc).
  6. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I think we should go back to individual birthday threads rather than the generic member one which always gets missed. From what I gather, this software does not support the birthdays page. The individual topics may allow us to catch on when we see them in new posts.
  7. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Just say "Happy Birthday everyone" once a year and be done with it. We aren't six year olds.
  8. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

9. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

Nobody gets anything until we reinstate Top Dog.

Which reminds me, I've been farting around on SBS/DRC for like 13 years. :confused:
    HecticArt and Wolf like this.