Canadian News

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
If this had happened at midday instead of 4:30 AM, this lunatic would be facing more than just felony vandalism charges. He would be facing several murder charges. I wonder how many bottles of Canadian Mist, Crown Royal, Forty Creek and Caribou Crossing he'd been drinking.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
If this had happened at midday instead of 4:30 AM, this lunatic would be facing more than just felony vandalism charges. He would be facing several murder charges. I wonder how many bottles of Canadian Mist, Crown Royal, Forty Creek and Caribou Crossing he'd been drinking.

Let's play guess the quote. Peter North or Canadian gondola manager?

'We just did our maintenance on the line very recently and it was a big, thick, beautiful healthy rope.'

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
You didn't get the quote correct. What he said was, "I'm building a rope. It's going to be a big, thick, beautiful, healthy rope."

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The Bickersons, starring Don Ameche and Frances Langford, was a 1946-51 NBC Radio comedy series about a constantly bickering husband and wife. Do comical arguments ever happen in real life? Yes.

Woman charged after hurling beer cans at partner, cutting up his clothes during heated argument about infidelities

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Things got hairy for Don Cherry, who was not very wary. He made anti-immigrant comments that sounded scary and CBC listeners did not want him to tarry. They got him fired and they're once again merry. (Sorry, I couldn't find a way to work Mariah Carey's name in there.)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Things got hairy for Don Cherry, who was not very wary. He made anti-immigrant comments that sounded scary and CBC listeners did not want him to tarry. They got him fired and they're once again merry. (Sorry, I couldn't find a way to work Mariah Carey's name in there.)

It was Rogers Sportsnet which got him fired. Actually, most of his viewers expect off-colour comments from him or more precisely improperly worded comments. I expect the immediate repricussions will be a sharp drop in viewership between periods as he was always good for about a million viewers every Saturday.