Car Talk

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
How does he not get pulled over by the cops for speeding?
He's got a laser jammer and radar detector, plus Waze and other apps for speed traps. And he's got the CB radio to get alerts from truckers. Plus he can have spotters reporting to him.

But it's much riskier going solo. A recent team of 3 did the run, they have a guy with stabilized binoculars, and a team of drivers ahead of them for each segment of the trip. This solo guy seems to have taken advantage of the lack of policing right now.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
2 RAV talking points.

1. So I finally printed my current insurance card that I got back in May. Figured it would be a good idea to have a valid proof of insurance for my Disney trip where I'm often going like 85 on the highway.

2. Somehow the RAV has ants! ARGH!!!!!! I have never cared about a car more than this one. I wash and vacuum it every week (I have missed a couple weeks because of covid) and I never leave food in it besides bottled water. I guess there are crumbs in places I can't vacuum and that's why they are there. How did they get in? Anyway I went and bought a bunch of those Raid ant traps and put them all over in the car. That seems to solve the problem when ants get in the house so hopefully it will do the same in the RAV.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
2 RAV talking points.

1. So I finally printed my current insurance card that I got back in May. FIgured it would be a good idea to have a valid proof of insurance for my Disney trip where I'm often going like 85 on the highway.

2. Somehow the RAV has ants! ARGH!!!!!! I have never cared about a car more than this one. I wash and vacuum it every week (I have missed a couple weeks because of covid) and I never leave food in it besides bottled water. I guess there are crumbs in places I can't vacuum and that's why they are there. How did they get in? Anyway I went and bought a bunch of those Raid ant traps and put them all over in the car. That seems to solve the problem when ants get in the house so hopefully it will do the same in the RAV.
Is it those fire ants that you can't kill?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Ant Update!

The Raid baits did the trick! No more ants!

They worked quick, it only took 2 days. This makes me very happy.