Celebrity Death Thread 2017

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Jan 3, 2017.

1. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

semipenguin likes this.
  2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i've never lived in a place with a waffle house close by but when i used to drive all over the place to go see phish we would always try to count all the waffle houses we saw on the road and hope to beat that number the next time.
    semipenguin likes this.
  3. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Waffle House is the shit. Extra crispy waffle, extra crispy hash browns topped with chili. Mmmm.
    blyons200, goreds2 and semipenguin like this.
  4. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

6. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

7. sbv71

sbv71 Well-Known Member

8. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

9. microbob

microbob Well-Known Member

That He was RIP
  10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

90 is a very good run.

when my dad tells me he feels like he's slowing down i tell him that dying at 89 would be embarrassing so he needs to make it to at least 1 more birthday.
    goreds2, HecticArt and microbob like this.
  11. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

He's the one that inspired me to play guitar. Rest in peace!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

13. sbv71

sbv71 Well-Known Member

14. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Damn.
    Rock and Roll wouldn't be without him.

scotchandcigar and sbv71 like this.
  15. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

R.I.P. Chuck Berry you will be missed, he dominating his opponent in our music madness.
    scotchandcigar likes this.
  16. scotchandcigar

17. scotchandcigar

So (according to you) you're young and I'm old, but your father is older than mine would've been. And I'm the last-born child. Seems odd.
  18. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

no matter how much you resent it we all know you are the resident grandpa around here.

the old man had to sow wild oats into his 50's. he didn't bang me out until he was 56. and he married/knocked up a girl 20 years younger than he.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    memebag, HecticArt and scotchandcigar like this.
  19. scotchandcigar

You tell your dad's story in such a touching way.

So I've got some time before I'm at the age your dad was when he had you, and my youngest kid just turned 24.
    HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  20. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

it actually is a touching story. i just think it's funny to tell it in a crass way.

he was only married once, to my mom, 3 years before me and stayed with her until she died in 08. my mom had heart problems since i was a little boy but in the second half of 07 it got really bad and for about 18 months he was her full time nurse. like the whole deal, cleaning and all that not fun stuff. in 2002 they moved into a retirement community and they only accepted my mom at such a young age, 53 (young for her, very, very old for you) because he was 73. when she got real bad he could have moved her to the on-site nursing facility but didn't want to be apart so he got a hospital bed and put it in his condo for the whole time. the last 2 weeks or so she had daily hospice care but that was the only time he had outside help with her care. and ever since she died his dick has been retired. there are way more single women in his community than men so he would have the pick of the litter if he had any interest but he says he had a good enough run with my mom to last a lifetime.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    scotchandcigar and HecticArt like this.