Celebrity Death Thread 2019

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Remember, only yes votes count, not no votes.

I knew Let's Active, but none of the members, so I can't second it.
And we've had more obscure contestants get seconds and thirds on this site too, so ya never know.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
Remember, only yes votes count, not no votes.

I knew Let's Active, but none of the members, so I can't second it.
And we've had more obscure contestants get seconds and thirds on this site too, so ya never know.
Maybe we need to review the difference between a public figure and a celebrity. Or maybe someone can pull up one of the many past discussions about what makes a public figure a celebrity.

A person who is not commonly recognized by either name or face is not a celebrity. Not all public figures are celebrities.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Mister scotch says a person whose name or face is not commonly recognized is not a celebrity. That's nice. Now I know my own death will never be noted here.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you to consider whether the creator of a device or invention that is used by millions or billions of people worldwide -- a calculator, for example -- can be considered a celebrity even though few people know his name or would recognize him by sight. You may decide that even though his invention is a celebrity, so to speak, he himself is not, in which case I will cease posting such obituaries and I will seriously consider TP'ing Mister scotch's house.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Mister scotch says a person whose name or face is not commonly recognized is not a celebrity. That's nice. Now I know my own death will never be noted here.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you to consider whether the creator of a device or invention that is used by millions or billions of people worldwide -- a calculator, for example -- can be considered a celebrity even though few people know his name or would recognize him by sight. You may decide that even though his invention is a celebrity, so to speak, he himself is not, in which case I will cease posting such obituaries and I will seriously consider TP'ing Mister scotch's house.
Would the doorman at Studio 54 let him in? If not, he's not a celebrity.

Reactions: scotchandcigar