Celebrity Death Thread 2019

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by semipenguin, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

Let's see if anyone here considers Mike Grose to be a celebrity. He was an original member of Queen. He was replaced by Barry Mitchell in 1970. Mitchell was replaced by Doug Bodie in early 1971. Later in 1971, John Deacon became the band's permanent bassist. Funny thing, though -- none of those first three bassists were portrayed in the Bohemian Rhapsody movie. Maybe Grose wasn't a celebrity.

Queen's first bass guitar player Mike Grose dies | tellerreport.com

2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Just stay away from the pantry window.

3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Scotch's house is quite exquisite.

Riveting conversation all over this board today!

4. Channel98

You're just daring me to mention the January 2018 death of Naomi Parker Fraley, the woman who inspired "Rosie the Riveter," aren't you?

upload_2019-3-6_15-0-30.jpeg

5. scotchandcigar

It was mentioned in 2018.

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

We've accepted/seconded more obscure people, that would probably not have made it into Studio 54.
    It all comes down to the precious second.

PS
    The doorman from Studio 54 may not have been accepted into the Celebrity Death Thread, but Mr Whipple likely would have......

7. Channel98

Yes, Mister scotch, the death of the woman who inspired "Rosie the Riveter" was mentioned in 2018 -- but "riveting" was mentioned by Mister Aaron just an hour and a half ago. You have to understand that my lil' mind makes all kind of strange associations. Thus, "riveting" = Rosie. I could just as easily have posted a picture of a Rivets comic book.

upload_2019-3-6_15-46-6.jpeg

8. scotchandcigar

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That's sad indeed. Hopefully he doesn't show up here for a long time.
    Good luck to him.

10. scotchandcigar

If you're interested in seeing the house get built, there's a thread for that.
    Construction

11. Channel98

12. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Second.

Jan-Michael Vincent starred in Danger Island, which was one of the live action shorts shown as part of The Banana Splits Adventure Hour.

13. Channel98

A few sources are reporting her death as a suicide. Eek!

George Foreman’s daughter Freeda dead at 42
    Freeda Foreman, who was also a professional boxer, was found dead in her Houston home.

George Foreman’s Daughter Freeda Dead At 42

upload_2019-3-9_18-1-17.jpeg

14. scotchandcigar

Second.

Her middle name was George. Her 5 brothers were all named George.

15. Channel98

The first acknowledgement of Jed Allan's death this evening appeared on the website Michael Fairman TV. Fairman is a podcaster, an authority on daytime dramas and a contributor to many television programs -- but he says Allan was on Days Of Our Lives "from 1071 to 1985." That's a span of 915 years! I hope Fairman corrects the error. Allan was also a regular on Love Of Life, The Secret Storm, Santa Barbara, Port Charles and General Hospital and played a forest ranger on 26 episodes of Lassie.

Soap opera veteran Jed Allan dies at 84

Soap Vet Jed Allan Passes Away At Age 84

16. Channel98

Hal Blaine learned drums from Roy Knapp, who also taught Gene Krupa. Blaine was a member of the Count Basie Orchestra before becoming a session musician. Among the more than 6,000 songs he played on: Windy, Dizzy, Johnny Angel, Be My Baby, Strangers In The Night, Mr. Tambourine Man, Mrs. Robinson, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Good Vibrations, Help Me Rhonda, I Get Around, He's A Rebel, Monday Monday, Cracklin' Rosie, Close To You, Up Up & Away, Thank God I'm A Country Boy and Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In.

Hal Blaine, prolific 'Wrecking Crew' drummer who worked with Frank Sinatra and Elvis, dies at 90

17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Second.

The Wrecking Crew were the real deal.

18. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

The Wrecking Crew documentary was awesome too, those guys played on so many great records... He was a great drummer.

HecticArt likes this.
  19. Channel98

I said Hal Blaine played on more than 6,000 songs, which is true -- but, to be more specific, he played on more than 6,000 singles. He played on 40 number-one hits, 150 top tens and an estimated 35,000 songs! Among the other hits that he played on are Galveston, Wichita Lineman, Turn Turn Turn, Fun Fun Fun, God Only Knows, Cecelia, At The Zoo, I Am A Rock, Return To Sender, Ventura Highway, California Dreamin' and The Way We Were.

HecticArt likes this.
  20. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The Wrecking Crew could turn goat piss into gasoline.