Celebrity Death Thread 2019

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by semipenguin, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

In 1988, two of Kilzer's songs, Red Blue Jeans and Green Yellow & Red, made Billboard's rock chart. Roseanne Cash recorded two of his songs, 707 and Green Yellow & Red. Dobie Gray, Jimmie Davis, Trace Adkins and Maria Muldaur also recorded his songs. Kilzer's third album, Scars, was released two months ago. He was a celebrity in Memphis. Does that count?

Memphis singer-songwriter John Kilzer dies at 62

Memphis singer, songwriter John Kilzer dies suddenly

2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

No, but that hasn't deterred you yet.

You need to ask yourself this question: If he was alive and well, and you mentioned his name on this forum, would any of the dozen members here have heard of him?

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

All it takes is one person to second the candidate.
    Faking the application can result in 20 years in prison.

That said, I don't know him and can't provide the second. Sounds like he had a decent career. If he would have made it into a documentary like the Wrecking Crew, I may have known him. I knew of the WC before the doc, but didn't know any of them by name till after.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

There are plenty of questionable people who have been seconded in. Some famous people (at least in Canada) who have not.

I also cannot provide a second in this case.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

5. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

3 people not seconding = automatic disqualification

I will also add...

[​IMG]

scotchandcigar and HecticArt like this.
  6. scotchandcigar

We all remember this fine moment from 2018, right?

7. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

It's not complicated. Someone nominates, and someone seconds. Not all offerings are worthy, but I don't mind them being mentioned here. Maybe some inventor type wasn't really a celebrity, but I'm okay with taking a minute out of my day to read about his or her accomplishments.

HecticArt likes this.
  8. Channel98

I get it now: We should post only the biggest obituaries, such as James Ingram, Albert Finney, Peter Tork, André Previn, Luke Perry.....and Felicity Huffman's career. :D

HecticArt likes this.
  9. IdRatherBeSkiing

You can post who you want. With no second it just won’t count.

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

This wasn’t 1/2 the drama of 2017 when that architect died.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  11. Channel98

Okay, I'm relatively new to this site so somebody will have to explain to me what it means to "second" an obituary and what Mister Skiing means by saying a non-seconded obituary "won't count." Won't count for what? At the end of the year, does someone here make a compilation video showing only the major stars who died? Does Mister scotch hold a mass memorial service for them? Do we take up a collection for their families? Do we wear sackcloth and ashes? Recite "Baruch dayan ha'emet"? What?

12. IdRatherBeSkiing

They just don’t count unless they are seconded. You won’t be able to use their picture in the celebrity death thread avatar week. We used to update a list but then they upgraded the software and it’s no longer allowed. Plus it’s a lot of work.

So unseconded people are not really dead.

13. scotchandcigar

God don't tell me you're Jewish.

14. Channel98

Oy vey, of course not! I was brought up as a Baptist. My mom taught Sunday school and my dad was an usher and deacon. Thank you for asking.

15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

We used to add the names and dates of all the celebs (that we agreed were celebs by having a second person recognize them) to the first post of the thread each year. But it became too much work to keep track of it all.

You'll get the hang of our odd little corner of the web soon enough. You're already fitting in nicely with the other kids, and adding your own brand of goofiness to the mix. We'll either all get used to each other, or we'll all have seizures. Nobody could tell the difference anyway, so have fun with it.

16. Channel98

My "own brand of goofiness." Gee, do ya think I should try to take out a patent or trademark on it?

17. scotchandcigar

18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

You signed your rights to that over to the DRC when you accepted the terms and conditions when you joined.

Gotta read the fine print.

Channel98 and IdRatherBeSkiing like this.
  19. scotchandcigar

20. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Maybe if he had invented the calculator or UPC code or something......