Celebrity Death Thread 2019

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by semipenguin, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

Among Pilato's movie credits: Gung Ho, Alienator, Shooters, Bloodbath, The Ghouls, The Demolitionist and The Evil Inside Me. He also appeared in several tv series and voiced characters in Digimon and BeetleBorgs. His father was a trombonist in Les Brown's Band Of Renown.

Joseph Pilato, Pulp Fiction and Day Of The Dead star, dies at 70

Pulp Fiction and Day of the Dead star Joseph Pilato dies aged 70

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I can't believe that I never saw day of the dead. I used to watch all of that stuff back in the day.

3. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Damn. That's too sad.

Second.

5. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Didn't realize he was in such bad shape. Bummer.

6. Channel98

7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That guy.

Second.

I remember him from a few of those movies.

8. Channel98

9. Channel98

For 20 years, Maury was the music director for Rankin/Bass Productions. He composed, conducted and arranged the music for several animated tv specials including Jack Frost, The Hobbit, Frosty The Snowman, Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town and Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer.

Maury Laws dies at 95

View Maury Laws's Obituary on PostCrescent.com and share memories

10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

11. Channel98

Another rap singer has died in a shooting! Many rap singers never live to old age -- which, for them, is probably 40.

Grammy-nominated rapper Nipsey Hussle killed in shooting outside his L.A. store
    Two other men were in serious condition in the incident at Marathon Clothing in South Los Angeles. A suspect remained at large.

Rapper Nipsey Hussle killed in shooting outside his L.A. store

12. Channel98

Tania Mallet, a cousin of Helen Mirren, was a model and appeared in only one movie, Goldfinger, but she had a memorable role. She played Tilly Masterson, who is trying to kill Auric Goldfinger to avenge the death of her sister. Spoiler alert: She not only fails -- she dies.

Tania Mallet, Bond Girl in 'Goldfinger,' Dies at 77

13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Second.

14. Channel98

Claude Vasori was born in Paris and began playing piano at age seven. He took his stage name from the Caravelle jet and, to honor his Italian-born father, changed the last letter to an "i" to make the name sound Italian. Caravelli released 107 albums beginning in 1959 and many of his songs are played on SiriusXM's Escape channel.

Orchestra leader, composer, arranger Caravelli dies at 88

Le chef d'orchestre arrangeur Caravelli est décédé au Cannet à l'âge de 88 ans

15. Channel98

In 2013, guitarist Angela Petrilli joined a southern California country music cover band that Pagliaro was a member of. They soon formed an Americana duo, taking their name from the title of a Ray LaMontagne song. They released two albums, one in 2015 and one in 2019.

Roses and Cigarettes Singer Jenny Pagliaro Dies at 35

The March 2019 video of Fast As I Can:

16. Channel98

In 1954, after being inspired by hearing Elvis Presley on the radio, 14-year-old Billy Adams formed a band. In 1955, they recorded Rock, Pretty Mama, which was released in 1957 and became a rockabilly staple. Adams recorded more than a hundred songs before quitting music in 1965 and becoming a minister. In 1998, he returned to music, recording a double CD at Sun Records in Memphis. Legacy, released in 2000, included several new songs and remakes of a few of his early rockabilly hits.

Billy Adams, Rockabilly Hall of Famer, Dies at 79

17. Channel98

English was originally a gospel singer and began recording house music (electronic dance music with drum machines, cymbals and synthesizers) in 1994. She had 11 top-ten hits on Billboard's dance chart. Eight of those went to number one, including Everyday, Unspeakable Joy, C'est La Vie and It Makes A Difference.

Legendary house music vocalist Kim English dies at 48

Legendary House Vocalist Kim English Has Died

18. scotchandcigar

Am I the only one who sees a distinct trend here?

19. Channel98

That I learn about celebrity deaths before anyone else does? I'll tell ya what, Mister scotch, if Mick Jagger should happen to die from his heart surgery, you can post the news, okay?

20. scotchandcigar

But you don't.