Celebrity Death Thread 2019

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by semipenguin, Jan 2, 2019.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Here, allow me to illustrate

upload_2019-4-3_16-41-49.png

These are the dates of entries in the thread for the time period of Jan 2 - Feb 2 (pre-98) and Feb 4 - Feb 28 (post 98 joining). Despite the fact that the 1st column covers a 31-day month plus the beginning of the next month, while the 2nd column covers less than the entirety of the shortest month of the year, there's a clear difference, no?

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

So what's your point Scotch?
    It IS kinda the purpose of the thread.

People complain that the place is too quiet, yet when we get a new guy that is active, people still complain.
    We've all been heckling each other for years. Give the man some space and some time to get used to us. He'll blend in like he's been here forever. Hell, if Meme, Wolf, and Hyson can get along after all of these years, anybody can.

Besides, maybe 98 is a fan of house music.
    I actually need to see if I have any of her stuff in my archives. The voice is certainly familiar.

semipenguin and Aaron like this.
  3. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you will note that of the 45 posts made to this thread in February, only 28 were made by Channel98. You will further note that some of Channel98's posts included interesting trivia. Not all of them were obituaries. People complain that this place is too quiet, yet when you get a new guy who is active, people still complain. Okay, I'm plagiarizing here -- but that's not important right now. I ask you to decide who belongs on the Celebrity Death Thread. And I'm referring to posting, not to being dead. Should it be Channel98, who posts stories of celebrity deaths, or should it be scotchandcigar, who objects to stories of celebrity deaths? And, in closing, I must remind you that Channel98 is not responsible for the number of celebrities who die in any particular month. No further questions, your honor."

upload_2019-4-3_15-40-3.jpeg

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

Post what you like. It all belongs here. But remember, they are not really dead unless they are seconded.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

HecticArt likes this.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

You're all good 98.

Unless you really are killing these people so that you can post extra stuff.......
    Then we may have a problem.

Oh, you may still have a problem. My lawyer will contact you about the plagiarism......

Be yourself.
    Forums are like traveling to England. Eventually you start to sound like the locals.
    And speaking of the locals, everyone busts each other's balls around here so I won't step in very often. I'm trying to buy a little time for everyone to get used to each other - like when you bring a new puppy home when you've already had a cat for several years. Be ready to spar a little with the DRC veterans, but don't get into major fights. Everyone will get along soon enough.

It's been a looooong time since we've had to ban anyone for being a dick to other people here. I don't think that we're on the path to do that any time soon either.

6. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

7. Channel98

My son loves alternative rock and lives in Seattle. If Mister scotch objects to this obituary, I'll sic my son on him. Shaun Smith recorded five albums as a member of Brad, three albums with Satchel and two albums with Pigeonhed. He also released seven albums and three EPs as a solo artist. Four of his songs were featured in episodes of The Sopranos.

R.I.P. Shawn Smith, singer of Seattle rock band Brad dead at 53

8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Shit. I actually know that band. Battle Flag, their song that got remixed (and popular) by the Lo-Fidelity Allstars was awesome. I wondered who the hell Pigeonhead was, so I looked them up. Their (original version) of Battle Flag is cool, but they needed a producer like Lo-Fi to push it over the top.

Second

PS
    You often pull up some rather obscure celebs, but this one was a bit less obscure. Just a bit.

9. Channel98

Here is one who is a lot more less obscure. That makes sense, right? Tompall & The Glaser Brothers had 16 top-40 country hits including Rings, Gone Girl, California Girl, Lovin' Her Was Easier and Ain't It All Worth Living For. Tompall, Jim and Chuck also recorded solo. Jim had ten solo top-40 country hits iincluding the 1984 number one You're Gettin' To Me Again.

Jim Glaser Dead at 82

10. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Being the resident country fan around here, I've heard of him. Second.

11. Channel98

The group formed in 1958 as the Mascots and in 1960 changed their name to the Triumphs. In 1963 they became the O'Jays, named for their new manager, WABQ-Cleveland disc jockey Eddie O'Jay. Isles left the group in 1965 and returned as their road manager, 1971-74. The O'Jays had 47 top-40 R&B hits and ten number ones. Their hits include Love Train, Back Stabbers, I Love Music, For The Love Of Money and Use Ta Be My Girl.

Obituary: William Carvan Isles II, co-founder of The O'Jays, dies at 78

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Second.

13. Channel98

I know nobody will second this one but I'm posting it because this is the third James Bond actor to die in the past two weeks. Eek! I couldn't help thinking of this line from Goldfinger: "Mr. Bond, they have a saying in Chicago: 'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action.'”

Najda Regin, actress in two James Bond movies, dies at 87

Bond actress Nadja Regin dies aged 87

14. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I remember her from Goldfinger. It's not like she invented maple syrup.

Second.

15. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

You have something against maple syrup?

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

16. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It makes me all antsy on the pantsy.

JHDK likes this.
  17. Channel98

I don't think anybody "invented" maple syrup -- but that's not important right now. Seymour Cassel appeared in more than 200 movies and tv episodes. Among his films: Faces, Rockwell, Dick Tracy, Chasing 3000, In The Soup, Honeymoon In Vegas and The Royal Tenenbaums. He played a police lieutenant in 17 episodes of the 1994-95 crime series Under Suspicion.

Seymour Cassel, beloved actor in John Cassavetes’ films, dies at 84

18. Channel98

Including four duets, Conley had 26 top-ten country hits. Eighteen went to number one. Among them: What I'd Say, Love Out Loud, Once In A Blue Moon, Angel In Disguise, Don't Make It Easy For Me, Fire & Smoke and Holding Her & Loving You.

Earl Thomas Conley Dead at 77

19. Channel98

UFO formed in 1968 and has released 54 albums and 11 singles. Among their best-known songs: Doctor Doctor, This Time, The Writer and Too Hot To Handle. Raymond also played with the Michael Schenker Group and Savoy Brown.

UFO Keyboardist/Guitarist PAUL RAYMOND Dead At 73

20. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Wow. Second.
    It's great that he was still out touring and doing what he loved.