Celebrity Death Thread 2019

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by semipenguin, Jan 2, 2019.

1. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

Is that a "second"?

I'll second it.

2. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

3. Channel98

Redbone released 13 studio albums and four live albums. Among his best-known songs: Lazy Bones, Polly Wolly Doodle, So Relax, Sweet Lorraine, Ain't Misbehavin' and My Little Grass Shack, a duet with Ringo Starr. Redbone also voiced Leon the Snowman in the 2003 Will Ferrell movie Elf and duetted with Zooey Deschanel on Baby It's Cold Outside, which played during the closing credits.

Tin Pan Alley singer-guitarist Leon Redbone dies at 69

Leon Redbone Dies at 69

4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Second.

I saw him in concert once. He carried a little metal cigar tube filled with gunpowder that he used in his act. Before the show he filled a little pot with some. The pot was wired to a battery and a foot pedal. At the end of "Hot Time in the Old Town Tonight" he would stomp the pedal and a flash would go off. He wouldn't fly on airplanes because of his gunpowder tube.

HecticArt likes this.
  5. Channel98

Redbone filmed a Budweiser commercial in 1982. Mister bag, this video's for you:

HecticArt likes this.
  6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

This is my favorite.

7. Channel98

8. Channel98

At age 13, Stewart took drama classes in Los Angeles and lived in an apartment with her grandmother. Character actor Henry O'Neill also lived in the building and arranged for Stewart to appear in the 1937 movie Wells Fargo. Thus began an 80-year acting career. Stewart had roles in 66 movies including Utah, Tucson Raiders, The Oregon Trail, Alias Billy The Kid, Son Of Zorro, Dead Man's Gold and Sheriff Of Redwood Valley. She also appeared in 77 episodes of television series including Gunsmoke, Lassie, Ironside, Seinfeld, Peter Gunn, The Gene Autry Show, The Roy Rogers Show and Have Gun – Will Travel.

Western B-movie actress Peggy Stewart dies at 95

Actress Peggy Stewart Dies at 95. From “Wells Fargo” (1937) to Seinfeld to Adam’s Sandler’s grandmother in “That’s My Boy” Over 80 years in film. Was married to Don “Red” Barry - THELIFEANDTIMESOFHOLLYWOOD.com

9. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

10. Channel98

The 13th Floor Elevators formed in 1965 in Austin and released four albums and seven singles before breaking up in 1969 after Roger "Roky" Erickson was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. (Too much LSD, I'd say.) Their first single, You're Gonna Miss Me, reached #55 on the Hot 100 in October 1966. In the early 1980s, Erickson released two albums with his new group The Aliens. He also recorded solo.

13th Floor Elevators lead singer Roky Erickson dies at 71

Roky Erickson, Legendary Psychedelic Musician, Dies at 71

11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

12. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Second.
    I remember her from tv.

14. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

15. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

16. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Bummer. The good Dr deserves a third.
    Third.

17. Channel98

Dr. John sang the theme song (written by Mike Post and Stephen Geyer) for this 1991-95 NBC sitcom starring Mayim Bialik:

semipenguin likes this.
  18. Channel98

19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

20. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!