Celebrity Death Thread 2019

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
And then there were none. Tompall & The Glaser Brothers had 16 top-40 country hits including Rings, Gone Girl, California Girl, Lovin' Her Was Easier and Ain't It All Worth Living For. Tompall, Jim and Chuck also recorded solo. Tompall died in August 2013, Jim died in April 2019, and now.......

The Glaser Brothers’ Chuck Glaser Dies At 83
Is he part of the Glaser family that owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Manchester United?

If so, second.

If not, nevermind.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
There are indeed three Glazer Brothers – note the spelling, Mister semi – who co-own the Buccaneers with their sister. They inherited the team after their father died in 2014. Bryan, Joel, Edward and Darcie are not related to the now-deceased Glaser Brothers – note the spelling, Mister semi.

In 1960, Carl Reiner created Head Of The House, a sitcom about a television comedy writer. In the pilot episode, the character of Sally Rogers was played by Sylvia Miles. After the networks showed no interest in the pilot, all the roles were recast and The Dick Van Dyke Show was born, with Sally Rogers played by Rose Marie. Ah, what might have been......but Miles did have roles in more than 40 movies and tv episodes including NYPD, Naked City, Route 66 and All My Children.

Sylvia Miles, Oscar-nominated actress in Midnight Cowboy and Farewell My Lovely, dies at 94

Sylvia Miles, Oscar-Nominated for ‘Midnight Cowboy’ and ‘Farewell My Lovely,’ Dies at 94

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
This obituary is for the attention of IdRatherBeSkiing, eh? All you Americans can ignore it.

Crowbar formed in 1970 in Hamilton, Ontario. Most of the members had been in rockabilly singer Ronnie Hawkins' backup band. Crowbar released five studio albums, a live album and 11 singles. Their hits include Fly Away, Corinna Corinna, Oh What A Feeling and Million Dollar Weekend. Kelly Jay, born Henry Blake Fordham, was the band's keyboardist and harmonica player.

Kelly Jay Fordham, founding member of Crowbar, dead at 77

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Davis Bartholomew played trumpet in Jimmie Lunceford's band before forming his own orchestra. They had a #14 r&b hit in February 1950 with Country Boy. In 1952, Bartholomew wrote and recorded My Ding-A-Ling, which would become a hit for Chuck Berry 20 years later. Bartholomew co-wrote and/or produced several hits for Fats Domino, including Blueberry Hill, Blue Monday, Ain't That A Shame, I'm Walkin', I'm Gonna Be A Wheel Someday, Let The Four Winds Blow and Walking To New Orleans. He also co-wrote Witchcraft, One Night and I Hear You Knockin'.

Dave Bartholomew, New Orleans music legend and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, dies at 100

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Davis Bartholomew played trumpet in Jimmie Lunceford's band before forming his own orchestra. They had a #14 r&b hit in February 1950 with Country Boy. In 1952, Bartholomew wrote and recorded My Ding-A-Ling, which would become a hit for Chuck Berry 20 years later. Bartholomew co-wrote and/or produced several hits for Fats Domino, including Blueberry Hill, Blue Monday, Ain't That A Shame, I'm Walkin', I'm Gonna Be A Wheel Someday, Let The Four Winds Blow and Walking To New Orleans. He also co-wrote Witchcraft, One Night and I Hear You Knockin'.

Dave Bartholomew, New Orleans music legend and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, dies at 100
He's a music legend around here. Second.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Mister Jon apparently thinks if he is unfamiliar with someone who died, nobody else has ever heard of the person either. Mister scotch, apparently for the same reason, resents my posting of obituaries of people whom he does not regard as celebrities. Tell me, Mister Jon and Mister scotch, what are your criteria for a celebrity's death to be noted on the celebrity death thread? Are you two the sole arbiters of who qualifies as a "celebrity"? Should I check with you before I post any more obituaries? I shall await your response. Keep it clean.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Mister Jon apparently thinks if he is unfamiliar with someone who died, nobody else has ever heard of the person either. Mister scotch, apparently for the same reason, resents my posting of obituaries of people whom he does not regard as celebrities. Tell me, Mister Jon and Mister scotch, what are your criteria for a celebrity's death to be noted on the celebrity death thread? Are you two the sole arbiters of who qualifies as a "celebrity"? Should I check with you before I post any more obituaries? I shall await your response. Keep it clean.
DRC rules are simple. You can post all the dead people you want. They are NOT considered a celebrity unless somebody seconds them. The only grey area appears to be dead architects but even with that we usually recognize the second.

Reactions: HecticArt