Celebrity Death Thread 2019

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by semipenguin, Jan 2, 2019.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That's sad.

Second.

The Oaf is a cool tune. I don't think those guys got enough attention.

2. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

And then there were none. Tompall & The Glaser Brothers had 16 top-40 country hits including Rings, Gone Girl, California Girl, Lovin' Her Was Easier and Ain't It All Worth Living For. Tompall, Jim and Chuck also recorded solo. Tompall died in August 2013, Jim died in April 2019, and now.......

The Glaser Brothers’ Chuck Glaser Dies At 83

3. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

Is he part of the Glaser family that owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Manchester United?

If so, second.

If not, nevermind.

4. Channel98

There are indeed three Glazer Brothers – note the spelling, Mister semi – who co-own the Buccaneers with their sister. They inherited the team after their father died in 2014. Bryan, Joel, Edward and Darcie are not related to the now-deceased Glaser Brothers – note the spelling, Mister semi.

In 1960, Carl Reiner created Head Of The House, a sitcom about a television comedy writer. In the pilot episode, the character of Sally Rogers was played by Sylvia Miles. After the networks showed no interest in the pilot, all the roles were recast and The Dick Van Dyke Show was born, with Sally Rogers played by Rose Marie. Ah, what might have been......but Miles did have roles in more than 40 movies and tv episodes including NYPD, Naked City, Route 66 and All My Children.

Sylvia Miles, Oscar-nominated actress in Midnight Cowboy and Farewell My Lovely, dies at 94

Sylvia Miles, Oscar-Nominated for ‘Midnight Cowboy’ and ‘Farewell My Lovely,’ Dies at 94

5. semipenguin

6. semipenguin

7. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

8. Channel98

Zeffirelli directed Endless Love, The Champ, The Taming Of The Shrew and the television miniseries Jesus Of Nazareth and staged several productions of operas including Aida, Tosca, La Bohème, Pagliacci and Don Giovanni at opera houses in Rome, Milan, Paris, New York and London.

"Romeo and Juliet" director Franco Zeffirelli dies at 96