Celebrity Death Thread 2019

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Finney worked as a Shakespearean actor in British theatre before making his first movie, The Entertainer, in 1960. It was directed by Tony Richardson, who had previously directed him in plays. Among Finney's many films: Tom Jones, Scrooge, Annie (he was Daddy Warbucks), Erin Brockovich, Skyfall, The Bourne Ultimatum, The Bourne Legacy and Before The Devil Knows You're Dead.

Albert Finney, five-time Oscar nominee, dead at 82

Albert Finney, five-time Oscar nominee, dead at 82 - CNN

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Finney worked as a Shakespearean actor in British theatre before making his first movie, The Entertainer, in 1960. It was directed by Tony Richardson, who had previously directed him in plays. Among Finney's many films: Tom Jones, Scrooge, Annie (he was Daddy Warbucks), Erin Brockovich, Skyfall, The Bourne Ultimatum, The Bourne Legacy and Before The Devil Knows You're Dead.

Albert Finney, five-time Oscar nominee, dead at 82

Albert Finney, five-time Oscar nominee, dead at 82 - CNN
Second.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Webster, whose father Paul wrote Secret Love, The Shadow Of Your Smile and Love Is A Many Splendored Thing, photographed not only album covers (including the Doors' first album and The Mamas & The Papas' first album) but also Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, Bob Hope, Bob Newhart, Dean Martin, Jane Fonda, Jack Nicholson, Barbra Streisand and dozens of other celebrities.

Guy Webster, photographer of album covers for the Doors, Byrds, Rolling Stones, Simon & Garfunkel, dies at 79

Guy Webster, Doors and Rolling Stones Photographer, Dies

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Miller married Diane Disney in 1954. He played for the Los Angeles Rams in 1956 and in one game, with Walt in attendance, was knocked unconscious. Walt thought football was too dangerous and feared his future grandchildren could grow up without a father. He asked Miller to give up football and come work for him -- and Miller agreed.

Ron Miller, son-in-law of Walt Disney and former President and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, dies at 85

Ron Miller, son-in-law to Walt Disney, former President and CEO of The Walt Disney Company dead at 85 | The Disney Blog

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Miller married Diane Disney in 1954. He played for the Los Angeles Rams in 1956 and in one game, with Walt in attendance, was knocked unconscious. Walt thought football was too dangerous and feared his future grandchildren could grow up without a father. He asked Miller to give up football and come work for him -- and Miller agreed.

Ron Miller, son-in-law of Walt Disney and former President and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, dies at 85

Ron Miller, son-in-law to Walt Disney, former President and CEO of The Walt Disney Company dead at 85 | The Disney Blog

Second

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Sirola appeared in more than 600 movies and tv shows incuding Wolf*, Perry Mason, Gunsmoke, Get Smart, Diagnosis Murder, Hawaii Five-O, Simon & Simon, The Magician, The Montefuscos, Hang 'Em High, Strange Bedfellows and The Greatest Story Ever Told. As a voiceover artist, he recorded more than 10,000 commercials for radio and television.

(*No relation to the Wolf on this site.)

Joseph Sirola, Actor and Tony-Winning Producer, Dies at 89

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Sirola appeared in more than 600 movies and tv shows incuding Wolf*, Perry Mason, Gunsmoke, Get Smart, Diagnosis Murder, Hawaii Five-O, Simon & Simon, The Magician, The Montefuscos, Hang 'Em High, Strange Bedfellows and The Greatest Story Ever Told. As a voiceover artist, he recorded more than 10,000 commercials for radio and television.

(*No relation to the Wolf on this site.)

Joseph Sirola, Actor and Tony-Winning Producer, Dies at 89

Argenziano appeared in 70 movies including Capone, Swordfish, Broken Arrow, Stand & Deliver, Sudden Impact and Gone In 60 Seconds and appeared in more than 90 television shows and tv-movies, including 22 episodes of Booker and 25 episodes of Stargate SG-1.

'Stargate' Actor Carmen Argenziano Dead at 75

Double second

(*No relation to the Wolf on this site.) hey! How do you know if I have any celebrities related to me? I do have a couple of cousins that dealt with Hollywood. One appeared in a few movies, which had she had like 15 seconds of fame and the other use to be the President of Disney for a couple of years.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The Disney Presidents who served for the shortest time were Donn Tatum and Michael Ovitz. Is one of them your cousin? Of course The Walt Disney Company always has a single President and CEO but then there are dozens of presidents who oversee different divisions: ABC News, ABC Entertainment, ESPN, Marvel, Radio Disney, Walt Disney Imagineering, The Disney Channel, Walt Disney World, et cetera.

Wolf was a 1989-90 CBS series starring Jack Scalia as private detective and former cop Tony Wolf. Are you saying you could be related to a fictitious television character? Wow, there's just so much about you I don't know!

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'm not related to Jack Scalia nor that I how I got that nickname.

Correct Mike Ovitz is my cousin. Michael Ovitz - Wikipedia

His wife is Judy and she appeared in a couple of films like Back To The Future 2 selling the dust buster and in Ghostbusters 2 getting slime by Dan Aykroyd.

Back-To-The-Future-2-Dustbuster-Plus-2.jpg

gestureslime.png

Last edited:
Reactions: semipenguin