Celebrity Death Thread 2019

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In 1988, two of Kilzer's songs, Red Blue Jeans and Green Yellow & Red, made Billboard's rock chart. Roseanne Cash recorded two of his songs, 707 and Green Yellow & Red. Dobie Gray, Jimmie Davis, Trace Adkins and Maria Muldaur also recorded his songs. Kilzer's third album, Scars, was released two months ago. He was a celebrity in Memphis. Does that count?

Memphis singer-songwriter John Kilzer dies at 62

Memphis singer, songwriter John Kilzer dies suddenly

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
All it takes is one person to second the candidate.
Faking the application can result in 20 years in prison.

That said, I don't know him and can't provide the second. Sounds like he had a decent career. If he would have made it into a documentary like the Wrecking Crew, I may have known him. I knew of the WC before the doc, but didn't know any of them by name till after.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
There are plenty of questionable people who have been seconded in. Some famous people (at least in Canada) who have not.

I also cannot provide a second in this case.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
3 people not seconding = automatic disqualification

I will also add...

353.gif

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
3 people not seconding = automatic disqualification

I will also add...

353.gif
We all remember this fine moment from 2018, right?
Never heard of her either. That why the rule needs to be updated by three votes now.
Due to lack of my knowledge it my fault I never heard of her? I don't know anything about her company even though I watch Project Runway and they never mention her clothing line on that show and I certainly don't watch 60 minutes.

We come from two different worlds. There a lot of other celebrities who passed away and I never heard of them. But I don't chime in on every one of them. Plus I been watching wrestling for over 30 years and these wrestlers have performed in front of millions across the world. So telling somebody "Ignorance is not something to boast about." when they lack the information on their side is the real ignorance.

Last night watching the local news, probably one of the main reasons why they mention Kate Spade because she graduated from ASU.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
It's not complicated. Someone nominates, and someone seconds. Not all offerings are worthy, but I don't mind them being mentioned here. Maybe some inventor type wasn't really a celebrity, but I'm okay with taking a minute out of my day to read about his or her accomplishments.

Reactions: HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I get it now: We should post only the biggest obituaries, such as James Ingram, Albert Finney, Peter Tork, André Previn, Luke Perry.....and Felicity Huffman's career. :D

Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I get it now: We should post only the biggest obituaries, such as James Ingram, Albert Finney, Peter Tork, André Previn, Luke Perry.....and Felicity Huffman's career. :D

You can post who you want. With no second it just won’t count.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Okay, I'm relatively new to this site so somebody will have to explain to me what it means to "second" an obituary and what Mister Skiing means by saying a non-seconded obituary "won't count." Won't count for what? At the end of the year, does someone here make a compilation video showing only the major stars who died? Does Mister scotch hold a mass memorial service for them? Do we take up a collection for their families? Do we wear sackcloth and ashes? Recite "Baruch dayan ha'emet"? What?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
They just don’t count unless they are seconded. You won’t be able to use their picture in the celebrity death thread avatar week. We used to update a list but then they upgraded the software and it’s no longer allowed. Plus it’s a lot of work.

So unseconded people are not really dead.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Oy vey, of course not! I was brought up as a Baptist. My mom taught Sunday school and my dad was an usher and deacon. Thank you for asking.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Okay, I'm relatively new to this site so somebody will have to explain to me what it means to "second" an obituary and what Mister Skiing means by saying a non-seconded obituary "won't count." Won't count for what? At the end of the year, does someone here make a compilation video showing only the major stars who died? Does Mister scotch hold a mass memorial service for them? Do we take up a collection for their families? Do we wear sackcloth and ashes? Recite "Baruch dayan ha'emet"? What?
We used to add the names and dates of all the celebs (that we agreed were celebs by having a second person recognize them) to the first post of the thread each year. But it became too much work to keep track of it all.

You'll get the hang of our odd little corner of the web soon enough. You're already fitting in nicely with the other kids, and adding your own brand of goofiness to the mix. We'll either all get used to each other, or we'll all have seizures. Nobody could tell the difference anyway, so have fun with it.