Celebrity Death Thread 2020

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

Burns played Deputy Warren Ferguson on 11 episodes of The Andy Griffith Show, wrote 24 episodes of The Muppet Show and was the announcer on the 1980-82 sketch comedy show Fridays. Burns and comedy partner Avery Schreiber were well-known for their taxi routines: "Take me to the Hotel Astor, room 413." "They stop me on the third floor." "Oh, yeah yeah yeah." Here is one of their routines from a 1974 Burns & Schrieber Comedy Hour:

Second. I remember them.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Hall of Fame defensive end Chris Doleman dies at age 58
11:34 PM MT

Hall of Fame defensive end Chris Doleman died Tuesday night after a battle with cancer, the Pro Football Hall of Fame announced in a statement. He was 58.
"The entire Pro Football Hall of Fame family mourns the passing of Chris Doleman after a prolonged and courageous battle against cancer," said David Baker, the Hall of Fame's president and CEO. "I had the honor of getting to know him not only as a great football player but an outstanding human being. One of the honors of my life was witnessing Chris get baptized in the Jordan River during a Hall of Fame trip to Israel.
"The legacy of Chris Doleman will live forever in Canton, Ohio, for generations to learn from how he lived a life of courage and character."

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Dusay was a regular on the daytime dramas Capitol, Santa Barbara, Guiding Light and All My Children. (In the 1930s and '40s, many daytime radio serials were sponsored by Procter & Gamble, maker of Duz, Dreft, Camay, Ivory, Oxydol and other soaps and detergents. The programs became known as "soap operas" – and the name stuck.) Dusay also played a waitress in the 1967 Elvis Presley film Clambake and played Blair's mother on The Facts Of Life.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Dusay was a regular on the daytime dramas Capitol, Santa Barbara, Guiding Light and All My Children. (In the 1930s and '40s, many daytime radio serials were sponsored by Procter & Gamble, maker of Duz, Dreft, Camay, Ivory, Oxydol and other soaps and detergents. The programs became known as "soap operas" – and the name stuck.) Dusay also played a waitress in the 1967 Elvis Presley film Clambake and played Blair's mother on The Facts Of Life.

Second for the Spock's Brain episode of Star Trek.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Among the many series Silverman brought to television: Soap, Scooby-Doo, Cheers, Barnaby Jones, Diff'rent Strokes, All In The Family, Maude, Good Times, Real People, The Waltons, The Smurfs, The Jeffersons, The Bionic Woman, The Facts Of Life, The Love Boat, Charlie's Angels, Three's Company, Roots, Rich Man Poor Man, Fantasy Island and Eight Is Enough. Whew!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Among the many series Silverman brought to television: Soap, Scooby-Doo, Cheers, Barnaby Jones, Diff'rent Strokes, All In The Family, Maude, Good Times, Real People, The Waltons, The Smurfs, The Jeffersons, The Bionic Woman, The Facts Of Life, The Love Boat, Charlie's Angels, Three's Company, Roots, Rich Man Poor Man, Fantasy Island and Eight Is Enough. Whew!

Second.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Professionally, Mary Theresa Eleanor Higgins Clark Conheeney used only three of her six names. Many of her 80 novels and short stories shared titles with popular songs. Among them: Silent Night, Deck The Halls, As Time Goes By, You Belong To Me, I'll Be Seeing You, I'll Walk Alone, Every Breath You Take, On The Street Where You Live, Moonlight Becomes You, The Second Time Around and The Shadow Of Your Smile. She was an excellent writer of mysteries but she wasn't very good at coming up with original titles.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Professionally, Mary Theresa Eleanor Higgins Clark Conheeney used only three of her six names. Many of her 80 novels and short stories shared titles with popular songs. Among them: Silent Night, Deck The Halls, As Time Goes By, You Belong To Me, I'll Be Seeing You, I'll Walk Alone, Every Breath You Take, On The Street Where You Live, Moonlight Becomes You, The Second Time Around and The Shadow Of Your Smile. She was an excellent writer of mysteries but she wasn't very good at coming up with original titles.

I'll second it. Even though I didn't particularly like her stuff, she wrote stuff that you would see on Lifetime Movie Network or something. Still know her.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Okay, ladies and gentlemen, here we go. Reynolds was 10 when he appeared in the Our Gang short Washee Ironee. His first movie appearance (uncredited) was in the 1934 Laurel & Hardy adaptation of Babes In Toyland. Reynolds had roles in dozens of movies and tv shows including Boys Town, Santa Fe Trail, Love Finds Andy Hardy and I Love Lucy. He produced and directed hundreds of episodes of M*A*S*H, Lou Grant, F Troop, My Three Sons, The Andy Griffith Show and other series. Whew! He won six Emmy awards.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Among his many films: Spartacus, Champion, I Walk Alone, Lust For Life, Strangers When We Meet, Gunfight At The OK Corral, Town Without Pity, The War Wagon, The Way West, The Arrangement, The Man From Snowy River, A Lovely Way To Die, Lonely Are The Brave and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Kirk Douglas, indomitable icon of Hollywood's golden age, dies at 103

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Among his many films: Spartacus, Champion, I Walk Alone, Lust For Life, Strangers When We Meet, Gunfight At The OK Corral, Town Without Pity, The War Wagon, The Way West, The Arrangement, The Man From Snowy River, A Lovely Way To Die, Lonely Are The Brave and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Kirk Douglas, indomitable icon of Hollywood's golden age, dies at 103

Second